AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Reviews Board  ~  Adrian Sherwood & Dub Syndicate & Edinburgh's VoodooReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Melvins Fiend
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 pm  Reply with quote

Caught Adrian Sherwood lastnight with the legendary On-U Sound band Dub Syndicate @ Voodoo Rooms here in Edinburgh. The gig was superb and Adrian & Dub Syndicate were on FIRE!!!!!

Anyway here's some photos for you all......

On my way to the gig I passed the castle....

I then passed my favourite building in Edinburgh...The Scott Monument. Sir Walter Scott wrote Ivanhoe among other things. You can go to the top of this cool building..

Got to the Voodoo Rooms....
(Bad Brains??? Oh well they have dreads right!)

The Voodoo Rooms is such a nice venue......very plush indeed. Here is the bar....

Here is Dub Syndicate getting underway in the main room area....

Check out the guitarist's dreads! They're right down to his feet basically. He's probably been growing them for longer than I've been alive.......and that's a long bloody time!

Adrian Sherwood gettin dubwise wit it! The guy really is a don......a true master.....and even better he's just such a nice man........a true gentleman

Adrian & Toot!

A weird framed picture hanging in Voodoo Rooms..

Sadly the gig came to an end....BUT.....the night was young and It's festival time so the clubs don't close until 5am.......so Toot went to the Bongo Club.....

Then Toot went to Cabaret Voltaire..

Then lastly Toot went to a really crappy Heavy Metal bar......It was Toot's lucky day though as It was Heavy Metal Karaoke night and I got to watch many a metalhead sing his and her little heart out.....

And that ended Toot's chronicles for the night. Toot now has a raging hangover to deal with today so is doing some major sofa surfing with cups of tea and co-codamol!
golem
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:27 pm  Reply with quote

thnx man, nice post!

www.myspace.com/proudpilot
Melvins Fiend
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:57 pm  Reply with quote

My pleasure. Was a great night. This show was on August 9th or 10th this year by the way. Adrian did a solo show a few months earlier too although I didn't get any photo's.
saxenhammer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:44 pm  Reply with quote

They played in stirling too but i didnt bother going. Was a bit skint and I'm not that sure if I'd have enjoyed it or not.