AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  Is telly worth risking your life for?Reply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Hardcorener
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:18 pm  Reply with quote
I'm not one of us.

Steve Irwin died, Richard Hammond almost died last week...

Fuck me, TV presenting is becoming a bloody dangerous profession.

deadcase
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:42 pm  Reply with quote

its a shame when someone seriously hurts themselves, but, it does seem like there are more people prepared to take stupid risks with their lives if the money is right and/or they'll receive some degree of notoriety.. there are exceptions to any rule of course.. people increasingly tend to do more and more desperate things though in an attempt to quell their rampant aspirations!! uh.... ooooo heck!!! I best not go all ranty I was beginning to sound like someone that we managed to get rid of not so long ago then lol
Hardcorener
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:00 pm  Reply with quote
I'm not one of us.

It's almost like: Good evening ladies and gents. There is a great possibility that your host might not be coming back home tonight.
Enjoy the show.

Entertainment eh?

deadcase
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:34 pm  Reply with quote

yeah I know... you'd think that the BBC would have learnt their lesson from when a stunt went wrong on a Noel Edmonds show many years ago.. whereabouts I believe it was a contestant/audience member that had to escape from a suspended barrel.. and well suffice to say they didnt and were killed.. there was even talk afterwards that the person who died had been feeling suicidal prior to the stunt.. well.. you know... put two and two together.. if you know that and then think oh I know... dangerous life threatening stunt + suicidal volunteer = ??!?!.. well you have a good idea how things are going to play out havent you?! ... its not difficult logic to grasp is it really?!... but then its those all important ratings and advertising revenues that are at stake not the lives of some guy that is in all likelihood just trying to make a bit of extra cash...

hahah rant rant rant etc
Robes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

I'd asume that both Richard Hammond and Steve Irwin would be trying to do these thuings whether infront of a camera or not. It's just what they love doing.
deadcase
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

yeah.. you're probably quite right Robes... there are always going to be those people that stand perhaps a bit too close to the fire... daft