AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  one of those threadsReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
golem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

we fall in love, we try to build smthn, we try to believe in the power of love (startin to 2 sound a bit geigh here i know)

but most of the time it always ends, love dies, ppl change, life conditions and needs change.

and i guess we are all agreed on the fact that we are simply not suited for monogamousness. but some of us (maybe most of us) still try and go on with all this. u can do it but sometimes she/he cant.

it ends, we built up another one. it ends again and we built up another one and think that "ok she/he was not the one but this one sure is".

sometimes i get tired, very tired. (*makes the jesu reference here and makes this topic Justin related again)

how do u cope with this all? i mean i cant do the one nite stand thing as well. so whats it gonna be? this is life and we are fuckin humans and this will go on like this? (another jesu reference see, we all faulter)

i just needed a talk and u r my family so thats why i wrote these lines. u know i keep doin this from time to time.

anyways, u all have a wicked Sunday and dont let me ruin your beautiful day.

love you all!!!

your weird pal golz

www.myspace.com/proudpilot
doomride
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane

Wait Golz,this doesn't mean what I think it means does it....?

golem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

not yet but it seems like its inevitable and its goin that way Sad

nothinger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:13 pm  Reply with quote

Ah man cheer up! Fight for it if there's still chance! are you startin?!

But then again, being single is not that bad (after some time) - I've been alone for so long that I don't even remember the other state...

As for what you've said: I'm always impressed finding couples which fit perfectly (of course some argues here and there, but that's all) and are together for many, many years, have children and so...
Yet again I know so many people who are alone and can't find anyone...
Why is it? Is it only luck? Maybe it is, like there are those few people who won lottery... Sad life indeed.
Jr.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 pm  Reply with quote
just simply: musician

Whats goin man ??? Shocked

Big up !!!
Pete
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:26 pm  Reply with quote
Industrial music for industrial people

I have realised that there is no such thing as 'romantic love', it's all a huge lie.

There is no 'one soulmate for you', just as there is no Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny or Jesus.

A lot of people make a lot of money out of people who do believe it.

It is societal PROGRAMMING designed to control us like religion (it's actually an offshoot of organised religion).

As a race we need to realise this and move on. Unfortunately some people refuse to let go of the very shackles that restrain them.

If you need to talk Golz, I'm always here Smile

golem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

thank you guyz! well i am still fightin for it but i am about to believe what Pete said. i am a very romantic person in life, about almost anythin i love. includin this board :=)

but yeah i think maybe its time to give up that dream about lovin a human being in that way. i am very tired and almost feel like a dead person becuase of that.

Last edited by golem on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

klawful
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:08 pm  Reply with quote

@ pete--i'm going to copy that verbatim into the next anniversary card i write to my wife.

i'll let you know how it goes.

Gol--you hot slab o' drummin' man-meat, any she-wolf who let you out of her claws is a fool. A FOOL!
elrrek
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:55 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ

Golz, I don't know what is going on but I am going to make an assumption here and guess that you are on the side that is being done wrong to.

Having been there 3 times, twice being dealt some seriously awful hands I was very, very wary about getting into something new. The most recent one is going well, and I'm hopeful that it's going to stay that way and last for a very long time.

The lesson I have learned is this, if the last one didn't work out then you are better off out of it. Even if it wasn't your decision.

If it was you that made the decision, through your own actions or as a reaction to someone elses actions, you are still better off out of it.

And later, things will be different and probably better, you just need to get through the sore bit. Take some time to yourself, do things you want to do, and if that means not doing anything, that's fine, because it's what you want to do.

You can always come here and be a sexy bastard of course Smile

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
golem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:04 pm  Reply with quote

i will always be here man. u cunts always put a smile on my face!!! this place always worked like a magic in my life, one day i am gonna meet with you all and shake your hands and thank you.

joeki
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:43 pm  Reply with quote
Methuselah

I do think there is such a thing as a 'soulmate', but these days, people treat 'love' as a commodity and they want to consume as much and as often as they can. And I hate that suffocation. Giving each other the freedom you require to be able to live is essential.

But that's just my experience, every one is different. I'm sure you'll find what you need at one point golem. And there are always ups and downs, in everything.

Pete
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:58 pm  Reply with quote
Industrial music for industrial people

@Klaw hahahaha!! Maybe not a good idea, although having said that I said pretty much the same statement to my married psychiatrist and she totally agreed with me!! Maybe she's being paid to though.

It's a minefield, and I've been fortunate enough to have the time to work it all out for myself, but it's specifically designed to get us all in a fluster, and it ain't worth it, friends.

Golz, Ive been single for 8 years and I now describe myself as not single, but independent. Independent emotionally, financially and even spiritually. That's a great feeling. Also, I tend to prefer masturbation to sex, where you're always worrying about whether the other person is enjoying themselves. Blow-Up Brenda never judges me and is there when I need her. She also folds away for ease of storage, saving on expensive plane tickets and travel costs when we go on holiday. You should see her in the pool - kids love her!!

Fourthly
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:38 pm  Reply with quote
Portia's #1 Fan!

Pete wrote:
Ive been single for 8 years and I now describe myself as not single, but independent. Independent emotionally, financially and even spiritually. That's a great feeling. Also, I tend to prefer masturbation to sex, where you're always worrying about whether the other person is enjoying themselves. Blow-Up Brenda never judges me and is there when I need her. She also folds away for ease of storage, saving on expensive plane tickets and travel costs when we go on holiday. You should see her in the pool - kids love her!!

Razz

Nice one!

I have always been single. I get along just fine without some guy complicating my life. Sometimes, I think it would be nice to have a girlfriend but then I think how much I enjoy my solitude and having someone around 24/7 would ruin that. There more times where I would rather be alone versus the times I would want someone around.

I just let the feelings about being alone fade away, put on some tunes and forget about it.
Body Dome Light
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:01 am  Reply with quote

I went down that road once and got horribly burned.

I just want to enjoy single life now. There seems to be a lot of societal pressure to get married, have kids, find the "right person," etc. I am totally unashamed to admit that the only interest I have in women at this point is purely sexual. I don't want any attachments and I don't want any strings attached. 

I definitely don't want to complicate my life with some kind of long, drawn out thing that I have to commit myself to and invest a lot of time. 

Of course, I may be lying to myself and this may be some type of butthurt response. I yearn for that emotional intimacy sometimes. But yeah... I refuse to sit here and feel sorry for myself. Fuck that. Does no good. Just roll with it bro. As they say, "the wisest men are the most alone."
DARWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:30 am  Reply with quote
I'll never escape

hugz bruv! kiss kiss kiss
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:00 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious

Couldn't have said it better than Kerr.

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Sonic Blaster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:03 am  Reply with quote
"...i was not here..."

Sometimes, when i hear that someone dies, one part of me says, "aww what a bummer- sorry..".
While the other says, "Lucky Bastard!".

nhtp
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:00 am  Reply with quote

All the best to you Golz, you'll get through it!

We all have our own experiences, and it is difficult to relate to all our personal stories without knowing the people IRL.

I agree with joekl that love is not something you can expect to have floating your way for the rest of your life. You have to fight for it, and enjoy it when it's there.

As for long time relationships, my experience is that it is as much about respect as it is love. There's not just one single person out there for me, there's plenty. But I made a choice many years ago, I am very happy with it, and I plan to let it stay that way.

But again, don't put to much into what other people do. If it is right for you, then it is what you should do. If it isn't, then so be it.

I know that my words probably aren't much comfort, so I found this for you. It may not be a cat, but hey...

Link To The YouTube Page Containing The Above Video

golem
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:34 am  Reply with quote

thats much better than a cat @nhtp - i am a dog person! :=)

*barks

thnx a lot guyz, it always feels great to be here. once again i feel proud and happy to be a part of it.

:hugz: kiss

elrrek
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ

By the way, one of the things that I should add to my post above is that it swings both ways. While you might think the situation is perfectly fine, the other person might not ... and while it can be hard for you to accept that and discover all of a sudden that your situation just changed, if one of you is not comfortable and needs to change then you are BOTH better off out of it.

I have to admit that I myself have had some difficulty with the acceptance bit Confused

avocado diaboli wrote:
Hibakusha
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:29 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this, old friend...

"you are the only light there is
for yourself my friend"

But, who can say - there are many failed relationships and it seems they all have some lesson for us in the end, I always learn the most about myself in the reflection provided by someone who's close. Later on, it becomes more apparent why I needed to be with that person - and also why it had to end.

I see many people who are married, even though I'm just turning 30, I know a couple who have been together already for almost 15 years...I don't know man, sometimes people just hit it together, but most of the time...it's not a lifelong thing.

All in all, the best thing one can do is, I guess, is to become as full as possible on their own, be as loving as possible, without a target, so to speak. It's not easy, especially when you feel like you've had a long losing streak so to speak.

But, enjoy the little things in life, be gentle to yourself and remember that people care.
Body Dome Light
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:29 am  Reply with quote

I don't know how anyone could feel like they are losing. It's all relative to perspective... considering how well we actually have it here in the Western world. It seems like men have been emasculated. Like in Fight Club, we are a generation of men raised by women. I don't know if another woman is what we really need.
DARWIN
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:56 am  Reply with quote
I'll never escape

Body Dome Light wrote:
considering how well we actually have it here in the Western world.

i am not really sure if golz is actually part of this western world you speak of...

buy hey let the chips fall where they may
Body Dome Light
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:09 am  Reply with quote

DARWIN wrote:
Body Dome Light wrote:

i am not really sure if golz is actually part of this western world you speak of...

yeah, my bad.

i have a tendency to make generalizations like you people all live down the street from me or something. but consoling some dude who has just broken up with his girlfriend is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline, you just can't do it. and i really should shut my mouth anyway.
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:48 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

Hi Golem,

A shame to hear what you're going through... just remember as cliched as it sounds "time heals all wounds".

I don't believe in a 'soulmate' but I am lucky to have met someone who I can spend a lot of time with, without wanting to kill or get bored with. It takes work though, a lot of work... as everyone changes.

elrrek wrote:
While you might think the situation is perfectly fine, the other person might not ... and while it can be hard for you to accept that and discover all of a sudden that your situation just changed, if one of you is not comfortable and needs to change then you are BOTH better off out of it.

This is the truth and one I have been through. It's quite amazing how you can think everything is fine but your other half doesn't feel the same way, but in my case we could work things through and as cheesy as it sounds are stronger for it. Communication and understanding each others differences helps, as well as having independence. Compromise is another one, as long as you both feel like you're getting a win win from it.

Good luck it's a minefield roll
golem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 am  Reply with quote

Body Dome Light wrote:
DARWIN wrote:
Body Dome Light wrote:

yeah, my bad.

i have a tendency to make generalizations like you people all live down the street from me or something. but consoling some dude who has just broken up with his girlfriend is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline, you just can't do it. and i really should shut my mouth anyway.

no man it really does help and it feels like talkin to an old/good friend. so thnx 4 all the comments, i know its a bit personal and a bit boring for some ppl but its a choice. i always talked about my shit with you guyz. thnx to you all again, for bein here/there for me!!!

and i have to say that i feel much better. will let you know how it goes :=)

btw i know about the western world, watched nuff Clint Eastwood movies (had to be done, sorry)

group hug now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

Hang on... which side of the Bosphorus are you living on?
elrrek
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ

Boyd and Fiends wrote:

Golz lives on phosphorus? Wow. I didn't know that!

avocado diaboli wrote:
golem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 am  Reply with quote

Boyd and Fiends wrote:

Anatolian/Asian side :=)

golem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:38 am  Reply with quote

elrrek wrote:
Boyd and Fiends wrote:

Golz lives on phosphorus? Wow. I didn't know that!

Samurai_Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 pm  Reply with quote

golem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 pm  Reply with quote

yeah it ended today. in a very bad way. cheating and lies involved...

doomride
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane

golem wrote:

Well then better off it ends now,Golz....

Hugz,bruv..

Sash73
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about what you're going through Golz.

Someday Golz you'll meet the woman of your dreams. Someone who knows the difference between being a JKB fan and someone who posts about Rush on a JKB fanpage. Shocked A girl who simply is all you ever think about. You'll even start to think about marriage and spending the rest of your life on earth with this woman.

But take it from someone who knows. I've been married 14 years now. 14 Looooong years.... I can't even think of something i'd like to do for 14 years straight... So, i beg of you all, please save me...Help !!!!!

Very Happy

DARWIN
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm  Reply with quote
I'll never escape

doomride wrote:
golem wrote:

Well then better off it ends now,Golz....

Hugz,bruv..

+ Infinity
theredhog
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 pm  Reply with quote

Break your heart, make you fart.

Chin up Golem.
Gray
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:21 am  Reply with quote
Wassup

Very sorry to hear, mate. But like M said, you're better off, and deserve much better. Hugs.

Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:51 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

:hugs: Sorry to hear this but the good news is that the hottest man this side of the bosphorus is back on the market
klawful
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:48 am  Reply with quote

Boyd and Fiends wrote:
:hugs: Sorry to hear this but the good news is that the hottest man this side of the bosphorus is back on the market

truthness
nhtp
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 am  Reply with quote

Boyd and Fiends wrote:

Nah, that would be me, golz is on the other side! Wink

Hugs and warm thoughts to you Golz, you'll make it through...