AVALANCHERS Forum Index

Author Message
<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  Justin responds to milking fans accusation.Reply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
newbornbabyjesus
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 191
Location: England

In case you not seen it here is Justins response on Facebook to someone(Steibel) who said Godflesh are milking their fans by these recent shows by only playing old material and that they would be better to write new stuff.
Here is what he said;
Justin K Broadrick Okay, Stiebel, well at the very least you are genuine; I was concerned that you may simply be someone affected by another's opinion, whereas you are sincerely a follower of the band and it's output. Which is chiefly the reason why I considered it appropriate to address your comments, and the fact that the comments, albeit negative, are on my events page on my Facebook page, I would usually delete such comments due to the fact that I do not wish to entertain any 'internet slanging matches' between anyone on my pages, it makes me question why I post and answer queries, etc in the first place, since I despise that area of the internet....The are are other followers of Godflesh who also hold your opinion, not many from what I am aware, but there are, and although I disagree with your assumptions as to the motivation behind our choices of live environments, I respect that some will hold this opinion. I am defensive regarding our decisions, sometimes publicly - being seen as fleecing our audience is not how we wish to be perceived. To be absolutely honest here, and I will make no apologies to anyone for this statement - we spent, quite literally, as Godflesh, playing every toilet imaginable between 1988 and 2001, yes, sometimes there were bigger venues, of course, especially as we increased in size, or, supported 'large' more well known acts, but mostly, and earlier in our career they were not, and we'd virtually play for free; Ben and I lived in one room for almost 2 years whilst establishing Godflesh, and often stole food to survive, whilst existing on the English 'dole' system. After such an existence, once our music earned us some money, one can only imagine that we were shocked that anything could be earned from our music...BTW - we still earn no money from our back catalogue whatsoever, due to being naive and signing literally our lives away with Earache Records, nor will we ever see any money from our back catalogue, fact, back when we existed, and the industry was somewhat buoyant, money was earnt from advances, advances for royalties. So, finally, and ironically, since we reformed, we are able to earn some money from Godflesh, and do exactly what we want, we're finally empowered...oddly, and contradict your assumption of that playing an older record can surely not be remotely creative, on the contrary, revisiting older records is actually revitalising, and somewhat rejuvenating musically; having not played the material for so many years, I realise now what made these records 'tick', and they are inspiring, directly, the newer material. I assume some may be wondering reading this, why I feel the need to address this all so deeply, but music, quite clearly, is indeed my life, to be accused of doing things musically that I have no deep or meaningful connection to is insulting, I don't do anything I don't feel - I split Godflesh on the day of an two month American tour, for example, which cost me a horrendous loss of money, besides the loss of many personal things in my life, and I did this because I simply did not want to do it anymore; the safe option wasn't an option, and it virtually cost me two years of my life. Festivals, selfishly, are a context of performing without having to tour a country in any explicit way - I say selfish, because yes, this choice is made under the assumption (or hope!) that followers of the band will go to said festival if they wish to see the band enough, coupled with the assumption that the festival will hopefully feature other bands people would wish to see too, selfish again, because we do not wish, at our ages (early and late forties), and with our existing commitments (me with my first child, who's development and life I wish to be a part of on an daily basis), Ben has a full time work commitment which he could not afford to finish to play live in Godflesh on an full time basis, nor would he want to, he left the band originally because the existence of a touring musician is not something he wished to pursue for all his life! Contrary to what seems to be perceived generally, touring is actually far from glamorous, unless of course one is Metallica, Coldplay, U2, etc etc...this fact is more than well documented amongst many biographies, etc, additionally, I myself, am first and foremost a studio musician / producer, I realised with some of the last jesu tours in 2007, that all this touring is entirely anti - creativity, playing the same songs night after night, for months and months, there is your perfect example of anti-creativity, not revisiting and playing an album one made 20 years ago, once! Okay! I have made here a rather elaborate, and albeit defensive answer to the above accusations, dramatic? yes! I take such accusations personally, my music / art is personal to me, so I see such accusation as personal, and they demand a response, but this is not a personal defence against you, Steibel, but this rather long winded answer is generally for those who have been questioning the motivation behind the reformation of Godflesh, and in my opinion, what I have wrote does not even vaguely touch upon how loaded this subject is, but I hope I have at least clarified, to those who question us, you included, why. Some will say I do not have to validate our current existence, unfortunately, for me, I feel I do, I may not change any minds, but at least make one question, as I do myself, on an hour to hour basis!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
decalaced
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:11 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 1004

Jesus he must have been pretty wound up by the comments.
He shouldn't feel he has to defend his decisions like that.
Stupid f**king internet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Josh
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26 pm  Reply with quote
Owt and Abowt


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3882
Location: WHEREFORE ART THOU BABYFACE?

It's a long-winded response, and perhaps not necessary, but actually quite on the mark, heartfelt and so on. So I can't fault him for taking the time to respond.

_________________
GOD PLEASE FUCK MY MIND FOR GOOD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 pm  Reply with quote
Where am I?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1849
Location: In the land of the silver fern

Interesting that Justin responded to it, but an interesting insight... Personally, I like the fact he's been playing the older material live as it's what I listen to more regularly.

It's pretty tough that he's being accused of 'milking it' especially from a financial point of view when he's going to struggle to make a living from playing this type of music in the first place... unless I'm mistaken? I'm not aware of his tropical island getaway, private jet, chauffeur driven rolls royce, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blackmark
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:19 am  Reply with quote
'Australian Minister for Avalanches'


Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 3708
Location: wales

north wales living for you. Wink

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!

_________________
ノイズコア - you know it makes sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zyxloi
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 142

blackmark wrote:

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Body Dome Light
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 1220

i read like three sentences and my add kicked in. well, was that our bud desu evol whatever, heh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Body Dome Light
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 1220

i think there are too many purists. shouldn't he be allowed to make a living? i mean, fuck... it's not like he is raping people for millions. he is going to make a minimal amount and quite frankly i don't understand this mentality that an artist shouldn't make any money. fuck that. justin deserves some pay, i say.

you want to know who is milking it? joe blow and everyone in between. get fucking real. really.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:52 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 4019
Location: Nürnberg, Germany

I don't get it.
Any Godflesh >>>>>> No Godflesh.

The band has been dead for 10 years and look at what they have done now: played gigs, re-released two albums that haven't been payed attention to for ages outside the community and now they are going to releasea live album on a festival label that has released headlining slots as live albums for years.

We're still far from cups/bedsheets/coloured vinyl-terrotory. What's to complain about?


Last edited by avocado diaboli on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Life Is Easy
----------------------------------

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DrugTV
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Posts: 158
Location: Estonia

Mad respect to Justin! Fuck all those milking-shit-talking assholes. Period.

_________________
Pedigree Sonic Underworld Headquarters
http://www.myspace.com/pedigree1
http://www.pedigree.org.ee/electricstorm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
elrrek
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

blackmark wrote:
north wales living for you. Wink

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!


Well, if the milk is pure and you're lactose intolerant, then it's going make you sick.

If he was to be selflessly sharing the milk out then I'd be perfectly happy.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golem
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 11897
Location: istanbul

*waits fot the new godflesh album

_________________
https://m4nm.bandcamp.com/album/live-kargart-vom-portal-3
https://zeleia.bandcamp.com/album/theres-nothing
http://soundcloud.com/psycho-mantis-2
www.myspace.com/proudpilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Icarus27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:10 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 317
Location: Dunwich

If I were Justin I wouldn't have given that cunt Steibel the time of day. He doesn't need to justify himself or his output to anyone, especially to somebody who probably isn't a fan anyway.

If the milks still flowin, I'll keep drinkin....................

_________________
" the potential of hidden metaphors is staggering!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golem
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 11897
Location: istanbul


_________________
https://m4nm.bandcamp.com/album/live-kargart-vom-portal-3
https://zeleia.bandcamp.com/album/theres-nothing
http://soundcloud.com/psycho-mantis-2
www.myspace.com/proudpilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BassTotem
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1582
Location: moon

that new godflesh record better be good

maybe pitch shifter will reunite with d and stu Rolling Eyes

_________________
Space Moth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elrrek
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:03 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

BassTotem wrote:
that new godflesh record better be good

maybe pitch shifter will reunite with d and stu Rolling Eyes


Please, no!

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Body Dome Light
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:37 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 1220

Justin is like a sell out, dude. What are you talking about?

You only ever find this kind of backwards sentiment in underground music or metal circles.

People need to grow up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saxenhammer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:49 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Stirling

If only Mick was still here. He would get this in perspective.

_________________
Take some Heroin you bearded twats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
desu evol yaw
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:56 pm  Reply with quote
Swill collector


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 1796
Location: Cleaverland

BassTotem wrote:
that new godflesh record better be good


exactly. they can come back and play festivals, play old cuts, and make a little money all they want, but if these actions aren't committed in conjunction with working on RELEVANT new material that justifies resurrecting the project, then their artistic credentials are in serious doubt. and seeing how you got a guy who's getting defensive about having his integrity called out, and another guy who doesn't even have the interest to tour, this doesn't bode well for the Godflesh being around.

i don't see a new album being worth a jesus fuck christ.

listen to Eight Bells instead.

_________________
What's more fun.. Punching someone or being a pious soul?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DARWIN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
I'll never escape


Joined: 07 Jul 2011
Posts: 1491

elrrek wrote:
blackmark wrote:
north wales living for you. Wink

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!


Well, if the milk is pure and you're lactose intolerant, then it's going make you sick.

If he was to be selflessly sharing the milk out then I'd be perfectly happy.


That is Fuckin brilliant Kerr!!! :orsonclap: :moss: bounce!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elrrek
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:32 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

DARWIN wrote:
elrrek wrote:
blackmark wrote:
north wales living for you. Wink

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!


Well, if the milk is pure and you're lactose intolerant, then it's going make you sick.

If he was to be selflessly sharing the milk out then I'd be perfectly happy.


That is Fuckin brilliant Kerr!!! :orsonclap: :moss: bounce!


I waited all fucking day for this small piece of recognition.

Thanks man. I love you.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DARWIN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 pm  Reply with quote
I'll never escape


Joined: 07 Jul 2011
Posts: 1491

elrrek wrote:
DARWIN wrote:
elrrek wrote:
blackmark wrote:
north wales living for you. Wink

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!


Well, if the milk is pure and you're lactose intolerant, then it's going make you sick.

If he was to be selflessly sharing the milk out then I'd be perfectly happy.


That is Fuckin brilliant Kerr!!! :orsonclap: :moss: bounce!


I waited all fucking day for this small piece of recognition.

Thanks man. I love you.


Any time kiss SELFLESS!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 pm  Reply with quote
Where am I?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1849
Location: In the land of the silver fern

lol I prefer my milk pure
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golem
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 11897
Location: istanbul

DARWIN wrote:
elrrek wrote:
DARWIN wrote:
elrrek wrote:
blackmark wrote:
north wales living for you. Wink

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!


Well, if the milk is pure and you're lactose intolerant, then it's going make you sick.

If he was to be selflessly sharing the milk out then I'd be perfectly happy.


That is Fuckin brilliant Kerr!!! :orsonclap: :moss: bounce!


I waited all fucking day for this small piece of recognition.

Thanks man. I love you.


Any time kiss SELFLESS!!!


can i plz join you and kiss you both?

_________________
https://m4nm.bandcamp.com/album/live-kargart-vom-portal-3
https://zeleia.bandcamp.com/album/theres-nothing
http://soundcloud.com/psycho-mantis-2
www.myspace.com/proudpilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
saxenhammer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:02 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 1806
Location: Stirling

us & them could be a concept album about the never ending war between milk producers and supermarkets?

there's some scope with cold world too ...

_________________
Take some Heroin you bearded twats
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golem
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 11897
Location: istanbul


_________________
https://m4nm.bandcamp.com/album/live-kargart-vom-portal-3
https://zeleia.bandcamp.com/album/theres-nothing
http://soundcloud.com/psycho-mantis-2
www.myspace.com/proudpilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elrrek
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

saxenhammer wrote:
us & them could be a concept album about the never ending war between milk producers and supermarkets?

there's some scope with cold world too ...


That's an interesting idea. I will research it.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DARWIN
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 pm  Reply with quote
I'll never escape


Joined: 07 Jul 2011
Posts: 1491

golem wrote:
DARWIN wrote:
elrrek wrote:
DARWIN wrote:
elrrek wrote:
blackmark wrote:
north wales living for you. Wink

keep on milking if the milk is this good I say!


Well, if the milk is pure and you're lactose intolerant, then it's going make you sick.

If he was to be selflessly sharing the milk out then I'd be perfectly happy.


That is Fuckin brilliant Kerr!!! :orsonclap: :moss: bounce!


I waited all fucking day for this small piece of recognition.

Thanks man. I love you.


Any time kiss SELFLESS!!!


can i plz join you and kiss you both?


Yes as long as you're SELFLESS and not pure and you live in a cold world
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elrrek
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

It was also be good if you are someone, somewhere,scorned and you never can forget.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DARWIN
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 pm  Reply with quote
I'll never escape


Joined: 07 Jul 2011
Posts: 1491

You also have to be merciless just don't bring me flowers...but most important you have to know that love is a dog from hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dyingofthelightnz
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:40 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 376
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Interesting to read Justin's views on this sort of thing. Ironically they were pretty close to what I imagined. I didn't know they'd been dicked over on the back cataloge though

_________________
http://www.dyingofthelightnz.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elrrek
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

dyingofthelightnz wrote:
I didn't know they'd been dicked over on the back cataloge though


There are very few artists who were on the classic earache roster who have not been shafted. Even as recently as Iron Monkey Digby was screwing people.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dyingofthelightnz
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 376
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

elrrek wrote:
dyingofthelightnz wrote:
I didn't know they'd been dicked over on the back cataloge though


There are very few artists who were on the classic earache roster who have not been shafted. Even as recently as Iron Monkey Digby was screwing people.


Is that why they all eventually leave earache in disgust?

_________________
http://www.dyingofthelightnz.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elrrek
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

Many bands have done that and stated that it was for exactly those reasons.

Napalm Death - not working with earache anymore and don't have much good to say about the label

Bolt Thrower - actively encourage people not to buy earache reissues

Carcass - probably won't be releasing their new record on earache

Pitch Shifter - previously highly vocal about earache ripping them off

Iron Monkey - titled a record about their experience of earache

The list goes on and on.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DARWIN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:45 pm  Reply with quote
I'll never escape


Joined: 07 Jul 2011
Posts: 1491

Should be called headache...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monotremata
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:16 pm  Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 11104
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

Carcass, from what I remember, either sued or threatened to sue the shit out of Dig concerning back royalties and whatnot they were still owed.. Hence why they were all very involved in the remasters they put out a few years ago and Carcass went on their reunion..

I believe ND were involved in a lawsuit as well with Dig around the time Napalm Death split with Earache and were VERY vocal about how shitty the label is nowadays.
Earache made one last cash grab off of them with that Noise For Musics Sake comp (and even threw in some of the old Bullen era demo material).

Ive still got a picture somewhere of Matt Pike setting an Earache Records hat on fire right after Sleep was signed to London and began working on Dopesmoker.. Again, even those chill hippy stoners Sleep, nothing good to say about Earache at all.

I dont buy their reissues anymore. Last ones I did were a couple Carcass ones. Especially since Justin has told me himself "Eh you own how many copies of this now?? Go ahead and grab it". Ill buy the shit direct from Avalanche but Im not giving Earache another dime.

_________________
mick j harris wrote:
full mongoose launch attack voodle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blackmark
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:26 pm  Reply with quote
'Australian Minister for Avalanches'


Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 3708
Location: wales

I made my own small attempt to even the balance with them Wink

_________________
ノイズコア - you know it makes sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 pm  Reply with quote
Where am I?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1849
Location: In the land of the silver fern

Do tell Mark...

Back to the topic... from what I've seen on youtube that show on Saturday looks amazing. Blows that dodgy selfless album away Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monotremata
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 11104
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

blackmark wrote:
I made my own small attempt to even the balance with them Wink


PROVD TO HAVE CONTRIBVTED!!! Very Happy

One of these days Im gonna get to finally listen to that damn Bolt Thrower record hah!

_________________
mick j harris wrote:
full mongoose launch attack voodle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
slateman
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:34 pm  Reply with quote
Grey Machines, Dying Ocean, Slateman


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 267
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Fuck Yes!

I'm one of those who felt 'milk' was an appropriate term for one reason or another.

JKB's reply was fiery and, I feel, genuine.

So...Godflesh can play whatever the fuck they want and put out a new album of whatever the fuck they want (a la...I don't know...the band's entire CAREER). I seriously doubt popular opinion was taken into consideration when Slavestate was being recorded, let's face it.

So, I recant my former concerns about this all being spawned from the wrong reasons. Bring it on.

_________________
http://godflesh.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
AVALANCHERS Forum Index  ~  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board

Post new topic  Reply to topic



Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum v1.06