AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  Anybody see the merch boothReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 am  Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

maninacan
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:11 am  Reply with quote
Destoyer of the cinematic sentence

id love one of the white ones

Bill Hicks
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:53 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

I have a white one thanks to a certain Avalancher Very Happy

JKB told me he was going to sell shirts through his bandcamp, so I assume any leftovers would end up there.
Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25 am  Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

Hopefully I can get my Easter basket filled with a long sleeve and an autographed S/T Vinyl.
elrrek
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:36 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ

Boyd and Fiends wrote:
I have a white one thanks to a certain Avalancher Very Happy

JKB told me he was going to sell shirts through his bandcamp, so I assume any leftovers would end up there.

YAAASSSSS!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
god of xnoybis
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:04 pm  Reply with quote

Gotta say... these prices are VERY reasonable, compared to this prices I've seen at recent shows
klawful
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:00 am  Reply with quote

the white shirts were all sold out when i got to the boston show--3rd night of the tour. hopefully they'll have more made for duration.
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

Shocked

Did you pick up the promo for the new album Wink
klawful
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

haa!

I didn't have a chance to ask. apparently they forgot to set up a special avalanchers vip meetup at shows.
InDub
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

Damn. I rarely buy concert shirts anymore but was going to make an exception for one of those white ones.
klawful
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

i didn't quite catch everything the merch guy said, but it sounded like there would be a restocking---don't quote me, but that's what i think i overheard.

something like "we won't have more until such and such date...."
InDub
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:09 pm  Reply with quote

klawful wrote:
i didn't quite catch everything the merch guy said, but it sounded like there would be a restocking---don't quote me, but that's what i think i overheard.

Probably not by tomorrow, which is when I'm seeing them. More money for beer, then.
klawful
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

InDub wrote:
klawful wrote:

Probably not by tomorrow, which is when I'm seeing them. More money for beer, then.

ha--true! you win either way.

they are sounding very good, you're in for a great show.
Maurice
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 am  Reply with quote
A bit of a trotter, a bit of a rotter

I'd prefer the white shirt as well. Hopefully they have some in Portland.
I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 pm  Reply with quote
Heretic

White shirts ist KRIEG!!!!

InDub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

The white shirts were back in stock last night, but I didn't get one before the show and the merch area was too crowded afterwards to bother. Excellent, EXCELLENT show -- Cut Hands, too. Love Is A Dog From Hell was fantastic!
Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!! I've luckily forgotten a chunk of the set list. And fuck the white shirt! It doesn't even have the SF date on it.
InDub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

If I heard correctly, JKB said "See you next year" at the end of the show.
Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:00 pm  Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

InDub wrote:
If I heard correctly, JKB said "See you next year" at the end of the show.

+1
InDub
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:00 pm  Reply with quote

This downer review of the Chicago gig cracks me up:

http://www.youwerentthere.com/2014/04/live-review-godflesh-at-metro-chicago.html

Not one thing this guy says is true. I'm actually in awe at how thoroughgoing his misrepresentation of the show is.

The place was at least 75% capacity; there was an annoyingly vigorous "mosh pit" full of beefy beardos that started during the third song or so that only briefly let up during the sludgy middle of the set, and then returned with a vengeance; the crowd was remarkably vocal in its appreciation -- I've never heard a Chicago crowd bellow for an encore like they did at this gig (Chicago crowds are generally staid and quiet); the crowd didn't at all thin out during the show; and on the way out everyone I saw was lit up with excitement.

OK, one thing he said was true: there were very few women there.

I guess some people are so deeply miserable that they project their misery onto everything around them and mistake that for reality. It reminds me of the FOX News mindset. Sad shit.
Soothsayer Recordings
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:05 am  Reply with quote

I had a friend do some merch shopping for me at the Chicago show. Unfortunately, they only had the white tour shirt in size xl. The black ss and ls were not available in xl and the poster was sold out. he got me some local Chicago print which I appreciate the effort but I hate seeing Godflesh's name on anything without the proper impact font.

I think these two t-shirts are ok, but they could be a lot better. They should've done a proper four color process shirt with the love and hate in dub art, I'd heard that this artwork was lost at one point, hence creation rekords using the songs of love and hate artwork on the loahid vinyl lp. The longsleeve reminds me of an old eyehategod shirt I have, I dig it but would've preferred it to look like the orig. songs tour shirt. The matches shirt is pretty cool... but it has a quote from hymns which is an album that I do not care for. An lp that should be omitted from the discography.

I'm going to be seeing them later in the tour, I hope they have restocked. I wish Justin would appoint someone to manage the merch side, I guess it's part of being a cult band, that your merch is scarce and highly sought after on ebay etc... but he could make a lot of coin with clever shirts like the "don't hold me back this is my own hell" Estonian gig shirt a couple years ago.

hail flesh
Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:01 am  Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

None of the new shirts have made ebay yet. I may not even have enough for the ls.
Soothsayer Recordings
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:09 am  Reply with quote

I own both the streetcleaner and songs of love and hate repros by earache. neither of these shirts set well with me because the godflesh font is too big and it has spaces between the letters. you'd think their parent label for many years could do better to get the little things right...
Body Dome Light
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:33 pm  Reply with quote

Hi, I havenít posted in a while.

So, the Godflesh show. It was alright. Pretty good. My only real gripe was that I wish Justin would have played some newer material rather than going through a rendition of the old hits. It felt a little too much like a nostalgia show. Even down to the crowd, which mainly consisted of older people who looked like they stepped out of a Ministry concert in the 1980s and 90s. Overall the show was good, though. You get what you expect.
Soothsayer Recordings
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:11 pm  Reply with quote

Bleed Dry Mankind wrote:
NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!! I've luckily forgotten a chunk of the set list. And fuck the white shirt! It doesn't even have the SF date on it.

I just got a white tour shirt from the Chicago show courtesy of a friend, it does have the sf date on the back, must be the second pressing

Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:43 pm  Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

I guess I'll post this here since I have an update on the merch booth. I got to the DNA Lounge nice and early (3:45PM) and saw the band unload equipment. I tried bumming a smoke off of G.C. Green, but came to no avail as he said that was the only one he had. Heard part of their soundcheck outside which mainly consisted of Christbait Rising and then met up with this random dude named Mike to go smoke some pot. Mike and I wound up wandering around SF after the show in the middle of the night, looking for food but that's another story.

After a long wait, 8PM comes around and we get inside. I didn't take a pic of the merch booth because my phone sucks, but the long sleeve is now $30. They also have a new My Own Light shirt for $20 in both unisex and girls. I also saw a Greymachine album for like $15. There were other albums, but I didn't bother to see who they were by.

As for the show, House Of Low Culture opened and never has a live show in my adult years made me wanna go to sleep. I'm sure I wouldn't have felt that way without the ear plugs, but I wanted to save my hearing for Godflesh. I then went and met up with an old buddy of mine from school and we got a pitcher. I then saw GC go outside and I felt the need to go talk to him since I didn't earlier in the day. My first attempt at striking up a conversation failed because I still had the beer in my hand outside. Went back out and we talked for a few minutes. Real gentleman. I'll give some details later on that one.

Anyways, took a break outside for Cut Hands, but anyone I talked to said they didn't like it. Finally Godflesh came out around 11PM. I'll give a setlist if anyone wants it. There's just one song I didn't know by them, but knew the rest and it's pretty much the same show they've been doing the past few years. They actually kept having sound problems throughout, but I'd still put the show somewhere in my top 5. I felt a little starstruck meeting Justin Broadrick afterwards, but got to shake hands with the man and tell him what a great show it was.
Soothsayer Recordings
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:35 am  Reply with quote

cool so they had everything in stock now huh?

Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:44 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

Is the 'my own light' shirt anything like these shirts? (bootlegs that are floating around the internet)

Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:00 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

Soothsayer Recordings wrote:
I'd heard that this artwork was lost at one point, hence creation rekords using the songs of love and hate artwork on the loahid vinyl lp.

Information on both the 'Songs of love and hate' and 'Love and hate in dub' cover art can be found here: http://jkflesh.tumblr.com/post/75459301024/the-imagery-on-the-covers-of-the-godflesh-albums

I'm guessing Godflesh got permission to use these images, as the photographers are credited, but one can never know... maybe that's why Kreation used the songs of love and hate artwork instead?
Soothsayer Recordings
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:55 am  Reply with quote

Boyd and Fiends wrote:
I'd heard that this artwork was lost at one point, hence creation rekords using the songs of love and hate artwork on the loahid vinyl lp.

Information on both the 'Songs of love and hate' and 'Love and hate in dub' cover art can be found here: http://jkflesh.tumblr.com/post/75459301024/the-imagery-on-the-covers-of-the-godflesh-albums

I'm guessing Godflesh got permission to use these images, as the photographers are credited, but one can never know... maybe that's why Kreation used the songs of love and hate artwork instead?

the font was off on it as well..

Last edited by Soothsayer Recordings on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Soothsayer Recordings
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:04 am  Reply with quote

Boyd and Fiends wrote:

I wonder If there are some hi res photos of these floating around anywhere? I'd love to have some large framed photographs

Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 pm  Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

Boyd and Fiends wrote:
Is the 'my own light' shirt anything like these shirts? (bootlegs that are floating around the internet)

The image looked like a gold color from what I remember and I think the GF logo was on it's side.
god of xnoybis
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:02 pm  Reply with quote

anyone heading to the show at the Fonda (LA) tonight? would be nice to meet others whose posts i've read on here in the past.

i'll be wearing my original SOLAH tour shirt this evening. Smile
Mothra
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 pm  Reply with quote
Board Sherlock

my music/label / label #2 /jkb activities / jkb fan blog
Maurice
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:26 am  Reply with quote

My right hand is assuming the claw position. I forgot to stress the importance of the gesture to my friend taking the picture. I also bought the white shirt. The black ones with gold image/lettering were not in effect at the Portland show. I also got a pretty darn nice audio recording of the set that could make available after I clean it up some. I know that the older material being played live in kinda "old hat" to some of you that have seen the flesh live before, but it was kind of a big to deal me (first time seeing them live). No sound issues, everything was great.
Soothsayer Recordings
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:57 am  Reply with quote

I got a friend to pick me up the gold "let your body take control" shirt and the long sleeve loaind

I also got the matches shirt from another friend

a zip up hoodie with the woman's face on it, I dig it. I have a bootleg version of this from guttershock with that one the front...

looking forward to tomorrow night

yourenotevil
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:04 am  Reply with quote

is that songs of love and hate colored? it seemed really expensive. didn't think the sound was so hot in pdx, but the hawthorne blows. also, that dude with the dreads and backpack was a fucking asshole.
Maurice
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:15 am  Reply with quote

Love and Hate in Dub vinyl is black. Yeah expensive for sure, but I was in all out fan boy mode.
yourenotevil
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:23 am  Reply with quote

yeah, the shirts were expensive enough for me, i passed on the posters and music.

do you know why the video didn't get played? i am guessing because people would block the projector from the bar, but they had to have had that problem in more than one club. overall i thought it was a good show though. some of the people there were acting like pricks though as far as bumping into you went though.
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:59 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?

My white shirt arrived yesterday, looks awesome!!! There's probably not too many of these in Australia Very Happy