AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Reviews Board  ~  So here we go: Nadja @ DOM, Moscow 26.02.2009Reply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
alfr0mh3ll
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 am  Reply with quote

After having me thoroughly worried and almost giving up a chance to see them live, Nadja finally made it to Russia. And may I say, I wasn't disappointed a bit.

First a few words about da place. It was a venue called "DOM" (it's a russian for "house"). I've never been there before, but from my friends I knew that the place a was a little too small. I was really afraid that it's gonna be overcrowded, but it turned out to be a pretty decent, cosy place.

The gig started out with Aidan's solo set. I must say, I'm not really familiar with his solo works apart from collaboration with Hecker, so I don't know if he played some of his stuff or just improvised but it was hella impressive! He began with a really dark gloomy tune, then shifted into more comfortable territory, though still far from light. I guess, it was this "isolationism" thingy in action. Definitely checking out his solo output ASAP. Some guy said that it was more interesting than Nadja itself. While I don't actually agree, I pretty much understand this point of view.

After Aidan's set, he was almost immediately enveloped by fans asking for autograph and whatnot. I approached him hoping to have a few words but he was engaged in a conversation with some girl and I didn't wanna interrupt.

Nadja's set began shortely after. At first, when Leah strummed some strings, I was like "Oh, goddamn, all I'm gonna hear'll be bass". But sound turned out to be really balanced. It was pretty much perfect. This was really all I hoped for, though a little too short. A really unique experience)

After their set I wanted at least ask Aidan to sign my ticket, but found out that I've lost it. So I have to buy a ticket from my friend (who's alliteration of all your Jewish stereotypes) for nearly 7$. At least it was a ticket with Aidan's autograph)

I feel a little let down, because I hadn't got to chat with him, but that's my fault.
The show was really perfect!

adn
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:15 pm  Reply with quote

yeah, sorry about that, kind of difficult to have a conversation in that situation. crazy eastern europeans. the Nadja set was a little more ambient/less drums than we normally do, since the batteries on our minidisc were dying...
klawful
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 pm  Reply with quote

did you guys record any shows this tour?

or rather-- did you guys record any shows this tour that will be made available?
adn
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:58 pm  Reply with quote

maybe. depends if we can stand to listen to them ourselves...
null
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:56 pm  Reply with quote
null

was it so awful?

i've been in DOM on troum twice. it was just great. troum's proved to be very nice and sociable (they even shared their vodka with some of their fans!), and besides that The Sound was great - i was completely enveloped, entranced, and hallucinated even without taking any stimulators (e.g. drugs, alcohol, mushrooms, etc). how do you feel about The Sound (acoustics, ehh... etc) in DOM, Aidan?
adn
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:13 pm  Reply with quote

we liked DOM -- thought the sound was quite good and the atmosphere of the place was cool. might've worked better without the chairs (or at least fit more people in), but it is nice to have seated venues sometimes...
null
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 pm  Reply with quote
null

yeah, world-famous DOM's chairs. they are quite uncomfortable btw =)