AVALANCHERS Forum Index

Author Message
<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  JKB interview for the gearheadsReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
InDub
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:24 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 1281

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/justin-broadrock-godflesh-streetcleaner-interview-sanford-parker/Content?oid=13015316
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:56 am  Reply with quote
Board Sherlock


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 2276
Location: Finland

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2014/04/godflesh_live.php

_________________
my music/label / label #2 /jkb activities / jkb fan blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:53 am  Reply with quote
Heretic


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 9422

InDub wrote:
http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/justin-broadrock-godflesh-streetcleaner-interview-sanford-parker/Content?oid=13015316


Great read.

_________________
klawful wrote:
to Cher is human...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:16 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 4019
Location: Nürnberg, Germany

Indeed. Very informative.

_________________
Life Is Easy
----------------------------------

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mothra
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:59 pm  Reply with quote
Board Sherlock


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 2276
Location: Finland

i'll just hijack this thread for all the new u.s. tour related interviews
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/holy-shit-its-the-return-of-industrial-metal-icons-godflesh/Content?oid=19234199

_________________
my music/label / label #2 /jkb activities / jkb fan blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
decalaced
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:04 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 1004

Lots of cursing. Cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
newbornbabyjesus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:06 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 191
Location: England

In that link Mothra posted above Justin mentions the tuning he uses on the forthcoming LP and EP! What EP's this then?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newbornbabyjesus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:07 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 191
Location: England

In that Stranger.com link Mothra posted above Justin mentions the tuning he uses on the forthcoming LP and EP! What EP's this then?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:15 pm  Reply with quote
Board Sherlock


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 2276
Location: Finland

newbornbabyjesus wrote:
In that Stranger.com link Mothra posted above Justin mentions the tuning he uses on the forthcoming LP and EP! What EP's this then?
he mentioned there is a chance of an ep before the lp in an interview sometime last autumn iirc. there might also be a 'in dub' lp with ted on drums..

_________________
my music/label / label #2 /jkb activities / jkb fan blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
decalaced
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:44 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 1004

Mothra wrote:
he mentioned there is a chance of an ep before the lp in an interview sometime last autumn iirc. there might also be a 'in dub' lp with ted on drums..


Holy crap Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
InDub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:06 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 1281

On one hand, I hope there's a Daymare release of the album, along with the dub album.

On the other hand, I don't, for my bank account's sake.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elrrek
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:44 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

I did not need to read that JKB has got an 8 string now - gah!

I've been avoiding picking up an 8 string for a long time and now I have another reason for buying one.

Arse biscuits.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:26 pm  Reply with quote
Heretic


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 9422

Getting an 8 string guitar is like one prog record away from getting a chapman stick.

_________________
klawful wrote:
to Cher is human...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 4019
Location: Nürnberg, Germany

I consider everything that has more than 4 strings pretentious prog nonsense.
And everything that has more than 2 riffs per song for that matter.

_________________
Life Is Easy
----------------------------------

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elrrek
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

Most excellent comments dudes.
Righteous.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chickenf1sh
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 am  Reply with quote
Chickenf1sh


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3014
Location: Manchester, England

avocado diaboli wrote:
I consider everything that has more than 4 strings pretentious prog nonsense.
And everything that has more than 2 riffs per song for that matter.

:orsonclap:

_________________
C o n c r e t e / F i e l d
: M : 1 : 9 :
NOISE IN OPPOSITION
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
blackmark
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:24 pm  Reply with quote
'Australian Minister for Avalanches'


Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 3708
Location: wales

chickenf1sh wrote:
avocado diaboli wrote:
I consider everything that has more than 4 strings pretentious prog nonsense.
And everything that has more than 2 riffs per song for that matter.

:orsonclap:


i'm with the atavists

_________________
ノイズコア - you know it makes sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mothra
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm  Reply with quote
Board Sherlock


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 2276
Location: Finland

Ripped last night's Godflesh radio interview with East Village Radio (~15 min):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/isx5a76nhg9n82a/gfinterview.mp3

_________________
my music/label / label #2 /jkb activities / jkb fan blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
elrrek
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6893
Location: We have always here.

blackmark wrote:
chickenf1sh wrote:
avocado diaboli wrote:
I consider everything that has more than 4 strings pretentious prog nonsense.
And everything that has more than 2 riffs per song for that matter.

:orsonclap:


i'm with the atavists


See if you have a bass that is very tiny and has a shorter scale than a regular 34 inch scale length bass guitar neck, is it allowed to have more than 2 strings?

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:24 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 4019
Location: Nürnberg, Germany

If you're talking about the infamnous gheigh-stick. That one gets a pass for anything.

_________________
Life Is Easy
----------------------------------

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mothra
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 am  Reply with quote
Board Sherlock


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 2276
Location: Finland

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2014/04/17/godfleshs-justin-broadrick-on-veganism-cannibal-ox-and-brostep

_________________
my music/label / label #2 /jkb activities / jkb fan blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
royc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Location: Chicago, ILL

A couple of years ago, I proposed an entry on Streetcleaner for Bloomsbury Academic’s 33 1/3 series of books:

http://roychristopher.com/godflesh-streetcleaner-33-1-3-book-proposal

I recently revised and resubmitted that proposal, but it didn’t make the cut either. I’ve now edited the new version into this piece over at Medium, titled “Escape Philosophy”.

https://medium.com/p/fa91d86e0263

Hope you dig.

_________________
http://roychristopher.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
royc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Location: Chicago, ILL

Oh, I also saw Godflesh again at The Metro in Chicago on April 15. Damn good show. No idea what that one guy was saying about it being boring and them being bored. It was quite lively.



Peace.

_________________
http://roychristopher.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
versus_reality
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:29 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 76

royc wrote:
A couple of years ago, I proposed an entry on Streetcleaner for Bloomsbury Academic’s 33 1/3 series of books:

http://roychristopher.com/godflesh-streetcleaner-33-1-3-book-proposal

I recently revised and resubmitted that proposal, but it didn’t make the cut either. I’ve now edited the new version into this piece over at Medium, titled “Escape Philosophy”.

https://medium.com/p/fa91d86e0263

Hope you dig.


good job!!

_________________
-Sean-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
AVALANCHERS Forum Index  ~  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board

Post new topic  Reply to topic



Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum v1.06