www.avalanchers.co.uk Forum Index

<  Avalanchers Discussion Board  ~  Monospamata - New EP 'released'...Reply to topic  ~  {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Monotremata
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 am  Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!

My turn to spam the board hehe.. Dropped on Facebook yesterday but figured I should post it at 'home' as well..

New EP (almost 40 mins) FINALLY finished and now available via Bandcamp..
This was a long process that involved a nice 'creative spurt' when demoing/writing, then months of toying with new mics, new amps, new guitars, new monitors, new plugins, new mixing ideas, and its at last come to completion..
This shit leans more towards a heavier/angrier Jesu kinda vibe than it does Godflesh, but thats good since the boys are back to do their thing anyways and I hope to further distance myself from that with the next one..

https://monotremata.bandcamp.com/album/majesty

BIG respect and thanks to those who have bought it so far.. My horde of viking kitties thanks you guys for helping me keep them fed..
My apologies to the few of you that had to endure a few months of bombardment with endless remixes until I was satisfied with the end results.. I think I got these Tannoys down now..

May jump into the next one already (its in progress sort of) but I also still have a 4/5 song batch left over from 2008 that got recorded (the song Weakener on the old Avalanche on Play comp was from these same sessions), but never had vocals put to it.. Might work on that if I can ever figure out how to get those done..

In case no one noticed, the remixed and remastered editions of the first two records are also up there as well.. After 6 years I FINALLY got the first LP to almost sound like I wanted too.. If Martin and I had only known then what we know now...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
decalaced
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:05 am  Reply with quote

That sounds really great.
Jacksta
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

I started on my nightshift yesterday and it's really great. I'll give it a thorough spin tonight and shall share my thoughts!

deadcase
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:57 pm  Reply with quote

I'm giving the ep it's first full listen tonight. I've been having a couple of days without music for a change. I know that sounds like heresy, doesn't it?!.. Going a day or so without music, by choice hahaha.

What I have heard thus far though, sounds great. :joy:
golem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 am  Reply with quote

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!