www.avalanchers.co.uk Forum Index

Author Message
<  Avalanchers Discussion Board  ~  People being banned from the Avalanchers FB for no reason.Reply to topic  ~  {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Hibakusha
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:17 am  Reply with quote
Guest





I haven't been active here on ages - neither all that much on FB group, but nevertheless it was a cool place to check music recommendations every now and then.

Yesterday I noticed I'm no longer a member. I contacted the admin - JMA - who's also admin here.

I remember he unfriended me back in May after the terrorism in France - I posted few links about the events, which in retrospect weren't very tasteful -

such as:

(America: Your Solidarity with Paris is Embarrassingly Misguided) - and later I regretted them. I had my own frustrations back in the day which might have had something do with it. Nevertheless, after he made some comments to this article, he unfriended me.

- in any case, I have few other french Avalanchers who weren't phased about it the slightest. These were posted ON MY OWN FACEBOOK WALL. Not in any Avalancher group.

So, yesterday I contacted him and asked if there's any reasonable reason for being kicked out from the group and I also mentioned that I kinda regretted those posts...that WERE ON MY OWN WALL.

Well, the next day - I didn't get any replies, but I was banned from the FB group! Very Happy

When I go to this URL:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/48948850927/?__mref=message_bubble

I get this:

http://imgur.com/a/ChMeY

I got a confirmation about this from another member who tried to invite me back, getting a message about not being able to invite me - due being banned.

C'mon...

Well, another Avalancher who was member in the group started a post about this thing.

Guess what? JMA removed him from the group.

Neither one of us had spammed anything, not been posting pornography, gore or done otherwise strange things in the group. We were banned because JMA's personal dislike. That's the only possible explanation I can understand, hence I mention the unfriending back in May.


I'm going to be out soon here anyway, but just letting you guys know - if you happen to have wrong opinions or thoughts on your OWN FB WALL, you might get banned...?


Last edited by Hibakusha on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
deadcase
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:42 am  Reply with quote
.


Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 4458

There is always a reason. Through reasonable discourse we can find out what that reason was. Time will tell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NZninja
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:42 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 442
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Avalanchers is more than just one person. It’s always been a GROUP of like minded individuals discussing JKB and the similar, with the odd light hearted argument (fuck you I love Selfless).

I think it is a great shame that the Avalanchers name can be moved to another format and become someone’s personal dictatorship. If the name Avalanchers is going to be used, you should be looking beyond yourself to the greater group. NO personal beef!

I remember when Mick was removed from the forum. There was great debate (I for one wanted him to stay) but it was decided as a GROUP for him to go.

My 2 cents
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doomride
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:17 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 13270
Location: Miami,Florida

Facebook ruined everything....and I don't just mean this forum,I mean EVERYTHING in general...I still don't have a facebook page and never will...I miss what this place used to be and never will be again...



(and fuck you,I love Selfless too)..

_________________
"Some people never go crazy.What truly horrible lives they must lead."
-Charles Bukowski
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BassTotem
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:49 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: moon

Gotta admit this place without Mick is a lot less interesting place...

Ah the good ole days, the nang, the emoticon battles, the original lineup of Scorn posting on the board, etc..

I also miss Uros' posts...

_________________
Space Moth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hibakusha
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:51 pm  Reply with quote
Guest





I haven't had any place or inclination to participate in ages -I've gained few really good friends through this place, so all is good and well.

Things always change.
Back to top
doomride
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 13270
Location: Miami,Florida

I love ND and Scorn and a good deal of MJH's various projects...but his presence on this board was never a determining factor for me...no one individual ever made this board for me,always the confluence...I met people on this board 15-16 years ago that I am still in almost daily contact with...and for that I am eternally grateful...I miss the times when this fucking place was like a bubbling volcano just waiting to emit it's primordial ooze....Klawful knows what I'm talking about :wink wink:

Oh yeah and Josh is still a twonk....

_________________
"Some people never go crazy.What truly horrible lives they must lead."
-Charles Bukowski
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:50 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1845
Location: In the land of Oz

deadcase wrote:
There is always a reason. Through reasonable discourse we can find out what that reason was. Time will tell.


I tried reasonable discourse... however the reason is this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hibakusha
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:40 pm  Reply with quote
Guest





deadcase wrote:
There is always a reason. Through reasonable discourse we can find out what that reason was. Time will tell.


Still waiting a word from JMA .

So far nothing and he's been posting in other threads. I guess he will just pretend this doesn't exist?

So yeah, mature and reasonable discourse for sure...
Back to top
Hardcorener
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:17 pm  Reply with quote
I'm not one of us.


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1493
Location: London, U.K.

Shame.
I've always believed that this place ( and places linked to this place ) is a little utopian society where everything is just right.

How naive. Forty-shit years old and still naive.

_________________
As long as I can walk, I'll step out of line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doomride
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:16 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 13270
Location: Miami,Florida

Hardcorener wrote:
Shame.
I've always believed that this place ( and places linked to this place ) is a little utopian society where everything is just right.

How naive. Forty-shit years old and still naive.



I too am forty-shit years old Confused Confused

_________________
"Some people never go crazy.What truly horrible lives they must lead."
-Charles Bukowski
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elrrek
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:02 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6885
Location: We have always here.

Digital-age.

"avalanchers" is not owned by a collective, the board here is "owned" as a URL/domain name by one of the members and he decides who is an admin and who is not an admin. If you get on the wrong side of an admin then you risk being banned. The facebook group is the same, someone started it and shares the groups admin with whomever they choose. You are not entitled to be a member of a group through association with other groups, you get permission to be part of the group because an admins lets you in. If you piss off the admin you risk getting banned.

You don't "own" your facebook either, it's public to whoever you let read it. And if you post something that someone else doesn't like then maybe there will be a comeback. If you are going to post something that is in a sensitive area after a traumatic event then you're just asking to piss someone off. I don't think posting it on "your wall" entitles you to some sort of protection in other digital realms, they are all the same, on the internet.

Bluntly, you dug your own hole mate, I don't really see it any other way.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hibakusha
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:42 am  Reply with quote
Guest





elrrek wrote:
Digital-age.

"avalanchers" is not owned by a collective, the board here is "owned" as a URL/domain name by one of the members and he decides who is an admin and who is not an admin. If you get on the wrong side of an admin then you risk being banned. The facebook group is the same, someone started it and shares the groups admin with whomever they choose. You are not entitled to be a member of a group through association with other groups, you get permission to be part of the group because an admins lets you in. If you piss off the admin you risk getting banned.

You don't "own" your facebook either, it's public to whoever you let read it. And if you post something that someone else doesn't like then maybe there will be a comeback. If you are going to post something that is in a sensitive area after a traumatic event then you're just asking to piss someone off. I don't think posting it on "your wall" entitles you to some sort of protection in other digital realms, they are all the same, on the internet.

Bluntly, you dug your own hole mate, I don't really see it any other way.


Fair point I guess - I'm just baffled that even after reaching out with a message and agreeing that the post back in MAY was probably not in the best of taste - I get a silent treatment and then ban...like I could have actually tried to apologise if there was any sort of communication?

The fact is, I have no idea that what actually is the reason why I was banned - the things I've said here are my only speculation.

I'm just saying that I guess I kinda expect some sort of emotional maturity in how the admin work is done, but since these are private individuals who are doing it voluntarily, I guess any sort of level-headness and ability to keep admin work and your personal feelings about someone separate is bit too much to ask.

That's what I'm saying - in my utopistic mindset I can stay in a group as long as long I respect the groups community and rules - but it's actually just a question does the admin happen to like you or not personally.

Oh well, the guy didn't like me before this anyway, got few snide comments way back anyway... so this was just perfect for him in the end.

Not to mention that when another group member tries to talk about the issue, he gets removed from the group. So guys, sure got some healthy community there for sure. Smile

Well, this has been fun, but I guess in the grand scheme of things this matters jack shit.
Back to top
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:57 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1845
Location: In the land of Oz

So just posting about this situation on a fb group gives the mod the right to remove that person (in that case me)??? I wasn't rude. Hey I don't care as I didn't post regularly on JMA's Avalanchers (tm) fb group.

I've met a lot of great avalanchers in the flesh over the years on four different continents... so on the whole Godflesh fans are awesome folk! Hope you're all doing well out there.

And I listened to Selfless last week for the first time in ages, loved it!!! (Ok, Pure is still better but damn it was good) Shocked Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:04 am  Reply with quote
Board Sherlock


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 2218
Location: Finland

I don't really feel comfortable with contributing there anymore, feel free to follow the blog if you wish...

_________________
my music/label / label #2 /jkb activities / jkb fan blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Boyd and Fiends
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:09 am  Reply with quote
Where am I?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1845
Location: In the land of Oz

Will do! Kiitos Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klawful
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:11 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 7628

yeah, i left the group after thinking about it a bit.

I like the admin as a guy a good deal on a personal level, but Boyd being removed for commenting on the scenario in a reasonable way---I don't think that's good---whatever the rights and entitlements are/aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doomride
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:24 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 13270
Location: Miami,Florida

Then come back here ya geigh-lords....!

_________________
"Some people never go crazy.What truly horrible lives they must lead."
-Charles Bukowski
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klawful
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:28 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 7628

that's Mister geigh-lord to you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doomride
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:43 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 13270
Location: Miami,Florida

Out of your padded cell,Klaw!


Speaking of geigh-lords,I am still waiting for that twonk Josh to chime in...he must be somewhere doing something twonk-ish...

_________________
"Some people never go crazy.What truly horrible lives they must lead."
-Charles Bukowski
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blipseed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3826
Location: USSA

doomride wrote:
Then come back here ya geigh-lords....!


I'm in!

:crabcore:

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BassTotem
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:49 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: moon

wait...are you saying that stuff actually still happen to us?

what's this group everybody talking about?

what's a ban?

what's a fb?

_________________
Space Moth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sash73
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:18 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 542

Does this mean I'm fucked for what I said about Iron Maiden ?
...And Judas Priest...And Slatewoman...And J2

Well holy fuck. I guess I can expect that hammer to fall any second son...

I guess I had better learn to suck the admins swollen nipples... of any site I visit...
To nuzzle the nuts...Fellate the mudflaps...Caress the colon...

Who's the admin here ? May I sir, approach thee, and balance thy genitals on my forehead while nodding "yes" to every fucking thing you say...

Part of this, (and I admit I only have read the OP's side and Elrrek's reply and skimmed over the rest) is making my brain all twitchy...

So just for a sec, may I take liberties with this situation...

So because I post an insensitive remark on my facebook page, and the guy who runs another website I visit sees it, he inevitably bans me from that other website...

Not my current boss, or the FBI, or the secret fucking service, but the admin of a webpage...Seriously...

It's not exactly my boss at work seeing my Facebook post about masturbating in the employee's breakroom...

I guess to sum up...

OP - it's just a website...get over it...All words you say in public are up for debate and punishment...Even here.

Admins everywhere- It's a opinion. A fucking opinion. I could talk about Hitler. Donald Trump. Santa not being real. Or Iron Maiden being gay. With my friends, mind you...But it has no effect or bearing or relation to a shared like of JKB. It's not even in the same hemisphere. Nice try though.

(I don't have the full story. Just my opinion of what I've heard so far. Iron Maiden still sucks...Oh gawd. Don't BAN ME !!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Putain de faiblesse... vous savez qui vous êtes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elrrek
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:19 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6885
Location: We have always here.

That's one way of looking at it Sash73 and in some forums you might get away with it
Razz

I haven't read any of the articles posted by Hibakusha, I haven't seen any of the correspondence or attempted communications between Hiba and JMA or Ben and whoever and I'm not an admin here, there or anywhere. Anything I posted in here was a reaction to Hiba's first post and I'm sticking by that. If you post something on the internet anywhere, someone, somewhere may take exception to it and if you are cross-posting/visiting multiple sites with the same people then there's a potential to domino. The extent of the domino-ing here makes me raise an eyebrow, but like I said, I'm not party to all the discussions so I'm not going to speculate or commentate beyond this.

The fragmentation of the board and community due to "other digital outlets" is a shame, but then places like this have a lifespan related to the age of the members, the activity of the subject material and the value of returns versus effort in keeping it alive and this place has survived against sizable odds.

Doom-ster keeps it real though. Fucking twonk that he is.
And Josh ... I have nothing to say beyond "twonk".

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:08 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3984
Location: Nürnberg, Germany

I'm not on FB but like to say something, too.

I feel left out.

_________________
Life Is Easy
----------------------------------

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
blipseed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:44 am  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3826
Location: USSA

I don't do Farcebook either and don't know anything about any of this business. But, personally I don't think there should be bannage unless there was a consensus it was the only option. This is if we're talking Avalanchers, which I'm guessing we're not as Hiba is still posting here. If the Fakebook group is JMAs affair alone then maybe he has more individual clout? Having said that, to then turf out Boyd for voicing an opinion sounds odd and unreasonable, so not sure what to think.

So there you have it, the definitive synopsis and verdict on the whole affair.

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klawful
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:47 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 7628

avocado diaboli wrote:
I'm not on FB but like to say something, too.

I feel left out.


this all stems from your erroneous view of the later-era Bathory catalogue. Being so irredeemably wrong isolates you from your fellow man and you will spend the rest of your days as a ghost, aimlessly drifting about the edges of the living.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elrrek
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:25 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6885
Location: We have always here.

klawful wrote:
avocado diaboli wrote:
I'm not on FB but like to say something, too.

I feel left out.


this all stems from your erroneous view of the later-era Bathory catalogue. Being so irredeemably wrong isolates you from your fellow man and you will spend the rest of your days as a ghost, aimlessly drifting about the edges of the living.


Seems leggit.

I myself have no actual reference on Bathory except for one of the tracks on my "Speed Kills ... But Whos Dying?" double vinyl various artists compilation, but anything that denegrates the Deutscher-twonk needs to be supported by the greater board.

Funny how the avalanchers derailment process can gate-crash any and all threads, even ones of serious topics.

Zombie forum is alive.

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klawful
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:41 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 7628

it's in the very dna of the board i think, kerr.

i take the original post and following thoughtful comments here seriously (even yours!), but also can never let an opportunity to rehash old gripes go unused.


this place had always been the most level-headed online community i've been part of. disagreements always dealt with without devolving into a total shit show like most others. i'd hope that'll remain as constant as the general level of bullshit and derailments-and the occasional bit of relevant jkb news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monotremata
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:36 pm  Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 11053
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PURE!

_________________
mick j harris wrote:
full mongoose launch attack voodle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sash73
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:35 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 542

I'm sorry elrrek, I gotta call bullshit on this one...I agree with 90% of what you said...But the 10% I don't, isn't personal...

I agree writing something in a public forum subjects you to having it being read by others who disagree with you...

Where I disagree, is that person who disagrees taking it out in another place, or forum, or Avalanchers Facebook wall, or in a fucking parking lot.

It's weak. The whole fucking thing. The reason. The follow through.

I, like you, am not privy to all that went down. I don't know what was said. And I, in my opinion, could give a shit...To me, in my opinion, (and that's what's Facebook land is full of) anything said has to be pretty fucking extreme for such a reaction. As in " I'm gonna kill your wife and stuff her body in a camera bag" etc etc. Anything short of that is fucking weak...

You kinda have to agree (Elrrek and everyone else), I would think, something I utter to my friends...Be it a joke or sarcasm, or utter fucking truth and reality...Should have no bearing whatsoever on a shared like or love in a community such as this...

I guess I just assumed this place was above this. That moderators were above that, that admins were above it...fucking with people because they have a disagreement. A personal disagreement... Of all places I come to on a daily basis, I just kinda naively thought, that I could say whatever I wanted. You can be sarcastic, or fuck with people, or yell "TWONK" and duck. Insult your homeland, your musical tastes, have a laugh...No one's claiming love for Hitler or anything.

So I guess I am taking a side...The right side. I don't think a person with "Internet power" has the authority to do that. It's fucking cockless.

Go ahead mystery person. Deadcase...JMA... etc (fill in the blank)...Amaze me with what the OP said... I can't wait to hear it. Let's hear your side. Give me the one line the OP said that filled your balls with venom. What got your ass hairs starched?

The reason you don't hear it...is because its fucking weak, and trivial...

This is a fucking music-based community...MUSIC...as well as that one on Facebook. What I think about France personally, or Hitler, or UFO's or Presidents or Satan is just verbal diarrhea...It shouldn't disqualify you from this or that community...

Trying to compare the real world where bosses or FBI agents read your posts and decide your sanity or threat....Is nowhere fucking close to JMA or Deadcase or whoever excommunicating you because you said something he alone disliked...
Not the community, not several people. 1 person.

Yeah I guess you can ban the OP...and anyone else you want...Just have the testicular fluid to back it up...


Last edited by Sash73 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Putain de faiblesse... vous savez qui vous êtes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sash73
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 542

klawful wrote:
it's in the very dna of the board i think, kerr.

i take the original post and following thoughtful comments here seriously (even yours!), but also can never let an opportunity to rehash old gripes go unused.


this place had always been the most level-headed online community i've been part of. disagreements always dealt with without devolving into a total shit show like most others. i'd hope that'll remain as constant as the general level of bullshit and derailments-and the occasional bit of relevant jkb news.



THIS x 1,256,3458

_________________
Putain de faiblesse... vous savez qui vous êtes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:24 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3984
Location: Nürnberg, Germany

elrrek wrote:
klawful wrote:
avocado diaboli wrote:
I'm not on FB but like to say something, too.

I feel left out.


this all stems from your erroneous view of the later-era Bathory catalogue. Being so irredeemably wrong isolates you from your fellow man and you will spend the rest of your days as a ghost, aimlessly drifting about the edges of the living.


Seems leggit.

I myself have no actual reference on Bathory except for one of the tracks on my "Speed Kills ... But Whos Dying?" double vinyl various artists compilation, but anything that denegrates the Deutscher-twonk needs to be supported by the greater board.

Funny how the avalanchers derailment process can gate-crash any and all threads, even ones of serious topics.

Zombie forum is alive.


NORDLAND IS A PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!
*straightens tie*

That being said, I don't think I could be on Facebook. The above mentioned facebook group is run by a French Person (TM). They would not let me in. On the other hand the French easily cave in when threatened. Usualy waving a fist in their General direction is enough. So I might make such a "Facebook account"

On the original topic:

Guys - please talk. Hiba's Facebook post might or might not have been dumb, immature and inapropriate - I have no idea. And frankly, I don't care at this point.

But I know Hiba, Boyd and JMA to be great guys. Whatever happened, please straighten this out via pm like the reasonable people you are thankyouverymuch.

_________________
Life Is Easy
----------------------------------

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elrrek
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:20 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6885
Location: We have always here.

avocado diaboli wrote:
elrrek wrote:
klawful wrote:
avocado diaboli wrote:
I'm not on FB but like to say something, too.

I feel left out.


this all stems from your erroneous view of the later-era Bathory catalogue. Being so irredeemably wrong isolates you from your fellow man and you will spend the rest of your days as a ghost, aimlessly drifting about the edges of the living.


Seems leggit.

I myself have no actual reference on Bathory except for one of the tracks on my "Speed Kills ... But Whos Dying?" double vinyl various artists compilation, but anything that denegrates the Deutscher-twonk needs to be supported by the greater board.

Funny how the avalanchers derailment process can gate-crash any and all threads, even ones of serious topics.

Zombie forum is alive.


NORDLAND IS A PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!
*straightens tie*

That being said, I don't think I could be on Facebook. The above mentioned facebook group is run by a French Person (TM). They would not let me in. On the other hand the French easily cave in when threatened. Usualy waving a fist in their General direction is enough. So I might make such a "Facebook account"

On the original topic:

Guys - please talk. Hiba's Facebook post might or might not have been dumb, immature and inapropriate - I have no idea. And frankly, I don't care at this point.

But I know Hiba, Boyd and JMA to be great guys. Whatever happened, please straighten this out via pm like the reasonable people you are thankyouverymuch.


If someone ever asks me to describe Germany I will show them this post.

Undervalued comedic displays disguised as passive aggression using the generally held belief of others of a German superiority complex coupled with practical and realistic solutions to problems that are not far fetched or silly! Just a perfect example of Germanity!

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monotremata
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:53 am  Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 11053
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

Techno Viking!

_________________
mick j harris wrote:
full mongoose launch attack voodle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
elrrek
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:32 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6885
Location: We have always here.

Sash73 wrote:
I'm sorry elrrek, I gotta call bullshit on this one...I agree with 90% of what you said...But the 10% I don't, isn't personal...

I agree writing something in a public forum subjects you to having it being read by others who disagree with you...

Where I disagree, is that person who disagrees taking it out in another place, or forum, or Avalanchers Facebook wall, or in a fucking parking lot.


Cordial discussion is cordial Smile

I've not quoted your whole post Sash73, I don't think I need to but the one thing I do want to question here is that we've not got crossed wires or I've missed something?

As I understand it, Hiba and JMA had a disagreement on facebook personally which spilled over to actions related to the avalanchers facebook. Now if some folks have some beef on facebook which results in unfriending, unfollowing and one party getting kicked out of a group admin'd by the other then I can see why that happened and that's just how it goes. Admin's group, admin's decision, the end. If you think it's "weak" that's a matter of opinion and ... excuse me for mentioning it ... we know what the topic of discussion was, we don't know the detail or the tone of the discussion, I think we both said that?

What hasn't happened is that Hiba got kicked off of here. He might have decided to not come here anymore because the place is now not somewhere he wants to contribute because of other members but that's his decision. If JMA or another admin banned someone from HERE because of an incident that happened somewhere else that didn't happen here then that's something I think we would need to talk about. As far as I know a facebook thing happened on facebook and hasn't spilled over to here other than this discussion. Seeing as facebook and here are 2 different places, all be it related places, until something/banning actually happens here it's unfortunate that there has been "splash damage" but that's the internet for you.

Also, I disagree about off-topic commenting. If someone posts something that I find offensive and in poor taste then I'm - hopefully - going to take the initiative and challenge it. I'm not going to try and describe this "wordy" because I'm going to make a mess of it so the best way I can think of describing what I mean is Phil Anselmo. I've never been a Pantera fan, but I liked some of the stuff he was involved it. It's now all ruined, fuck that guy and his white power, nazi saluting rascist shit, fuck his music, fuck everything he's personally involved in - and that means NOT buying the most recent Author & Punisher record because of what label it's on, which fucking hurts me!

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klawful
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 7628

avocado diaboli wrote:
But I know Hiba, Boyd and JMA to be great guys. Whatever happened, please straighten this out via pm like the reasonable people you are thankyouverymuch.


aye! i've seen godflesh with two of them and chat regularly online with the other one.

My full agreement with you here does nothing to repair the general grim state of our personal relations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sash73
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:57 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 542

No, never had a beef with your personally ellrek, more just the idea of what you said...It is a fact that anyone can ban anyone at anytime. Couldn't agree with you more...And yes, we both know only a fraction of what really happened.

The less ranting version of me can only say, that it's too bad people can't work their shit out without deleting their accounts over an opinion or an argument... And that's what pisses me off. (Paraphrasing here but...) To say, "well that's how it goes" just seems too easy a thing...for me anyway.

The part of it that concerns me is that something like that could happen here, With the two sites closely related, with the same people involved... I like this place that much and hate to see it threatened over trivial matters...Even when I'm not posting, I'm still reading every thread...I was checking this place out way before I joined...

So yeah, a lot of that hostility previously posted is that the domino effect could happen. Possibly. And it's too bad...

Glad I don't have a facebook account. Sheesh !

_________________
Putain de faiblesse... vous savez qui vous êtes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:19 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3984
Location: Nürnberg, Germany

klawful wrote:

My full agreement with you here does nothing to repair the general grim state of our personal relations.



You have been an honourable foe for as long as we have known each other. I respect that. The day I will have your head on a pike and burn your copy of Nordland will be a bittersweet one.

*raises axe in greeting* viking?!

_________________
Life Is Easy
----------------------------------

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elrrek
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:50 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 6885
Location: We have always here.

@sash73 : we're cool Smile

My posting of "that's just the way it is" ( /BruceHornsby ) doesn't mena I like it, just that I'm having to accept it.

I should write a list of "we're cool" and "we're not cool" people Very Happy

We're cool : REAL avalanchers
We're NOT cool : people who like poor (also know as FAKE avalanchers)

_________________
TWONKENHANMMER - The Birth of Hammer Twonk
MONOTREMATA wrote:
NAAAAAAAAAANG-SHARK!

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
www.avalanchers.co.uk Forum Index  ~  Avalanchers Discussion Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum v1.06