AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  [YouTube] - The God Machine - Home (Live) + moreReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
deadcase
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:09 pm  Reply with quote

Link To The YouTube Page Containing The Above Video

.. found by Rob aka godzombie from avalancheinc board..

The God Machine - Home (Promo)

The God Machine - Interview

Last edited by deadcase on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Kontra
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

Some more myspak mallarkey

http://www.myspace.com/thegodmachine
deadcase
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

cheers for that Kontra...

incidentally... if anyone is using a Firefox browser you can get an extension for Firefox called Video Downloader which can download video from sites such as YouTube, Google Video and the like...

once you have downloaded an flv file from YouTube.. you'll need something to play the file (which incidentally you will have to manually retitle having used Video Downloader (http://videodownloader.net)to get the vid.. not forgetting to place an .flv extension to any file)... aaaand.. the player you can use for flv files is here....http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/article/flv-player-updated

Last edited by deadcase on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Runabout120
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 pm  Reply with quote
---

or you can convert the flv files to avi,mpg or whatever you like.... http://www.das-download-archiv.de/download_file1863.html

Thx for the links guys!
decalaced
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:07 pm  Reply with quote

Are Robin Proper-Sheppards other bands Sophia or The May Queens any good?
deadcase
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:25 pm  Reply with quote

if you liked The God Machine... then there is a good chance that you'll like Sophia and The May Queens but be felt left a bit wanting for the 'old days'... in that Sophia is a predominantly acoustic/folkier version of the quieter moments of The God Machine... The May Queens on the other hand remind me of a band such as Idlewild yet a little less mainstream in their approach.. The May Queens record is a far rockier project than Sophia has mostly been thus far although it should be noted that upon Sophia's last available album 'People Are Like Seasons' there were moments very reminiscent of The God Machine but not quite recapturing the latters former glory... nevertheless Decal... both Sophia and The May Queens are worth a look if you liked The God Machine... thats my opinion anyway...

... and whilst we're on the subject... I have never heard The Society Line (tgm's original name that released 1 demo I believe)... if anyone can point me in the direction of this or any The God MAchine live tracks/boots... I'd be well chuffed.. Very Happy
bankrupt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:37 pm  Reply with quote

Personally, I love the Sophia stuff. If you like the less overtly aggressive God Machine songs such as 'In Bad Dreams' you are certainly going to be able to get into Sophia.

It's quite far removed from the GM approach, but the sentiment is pretty much the same. Kind of like the transformation Michael Gira has gone through over the years - his latter material is nothing like the former but you can appreciate and enjoy the quality of both.