AVALANCHERS Forum Index

Author Message
<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  THE CLAW THREADReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
deadcase
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:55 pm  Reply with quote
.


Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 4464

Tetragrammaton wrote:
deadcase wrote:
I was at a funeral today .. hence the black suit..
I fancied cheering myself up afterwards... hence the guitar..
I saw this thread and thought its time for a daft photo..


Jesus, who died?

Nice suit.


the deceased was my neighbour's wife of some 59yrs.. I knew her for approx 20yrs..


JBones wrote:
deadcase I just hope you didn't wear the skull mask to the funeral.

The suit, the guitar, the mask, the guitar strap, all perfection!


lol Nooooooo! I didn't wear a skull mask.. there's a time and a place as they say sniggering

thanks Miss K.. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blipseed
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3829
Location: USSA

deadcase wrote:
I was at a funeral today .. hence the black suit..
I fancied cheering myself up afterwards... hence the guitar..
I saw this thread and thought its time for a daft photo..



All hail the master of The Claw! Crackin photo!

Techno Viking!

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadcase
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 pm  Reply with quote
.


Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 4464

lol thanks mate.. hmmmmm mind you.. I wouldn't say master though.. I should have had much less of an acute angle on the thumb!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blipseed
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 pm  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3829
Location: USSA

That may be so but you have added several other dimensions to the Claw repertoire. Solid erect posture, use of props, and dapper attire (albeit for unfortunate reasons) combine to make up for the slightly hidden thumb.

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rorix_bladething
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:53 am  Reply with quote
Guest





Squiddy and I posing with our best claws, frosty-grim facial expressions and all:



UGH!
Back to top
pitt55
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:56 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 3307

WOW dude.are you transformers geek like me?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rorix_bladething
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:14 am  Reply with quote
Guest





pitt55 wrote:
WOW dude.are you transformers geek like me?


Of course! I grew up on Beast Wars, and I got into the other stuff when I was older.
Back to top
mind synthesis
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:33 am  Reply with quote
Guest





Back to top
scuto
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:14 am  Reply with quote
"I always say there is something direful in the sound..."


Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 485
Location: Swirling in the louche

klawful wrote:
careful with the jazz hands.

it's power isn't well understood, and might, understand specific circumstances be much more powerful than a 1000 claws.


Shocked

I've been so careless! Embarassed

Does this mean Fred Astaire is.... noooo. Was he the DAR-est individual to walk the Earth? Tapping and jazz-hards and the same time is... inhuman!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elricj
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:23 am  Reply with quote
Burning Outside


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2421
Location: Oceania

his last moments are depicted here:

4th panel!

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=459138
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:36 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 11897
Location: istanbul

epic thread! some very nice claws there - the kingdom of claws rises so bright these days Idea

_________________
https://m4nm.bandcamp.com/album/live-kargart-vom-portal-3
https://zeleia.bandcamp.com/album/theres-nothing
http://soundcloud.com/psycho-mantis-2
www.myspace.com/proudpilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
squiddy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:42 am  Reply with quote
cephalopod


Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 598
Location: 200-700 meters below sea level

rorix_bladething wrote:
Squiddy and I posing with our best claws, frosty-grim facial expressions and all:



UGH!


That's not my best claw, Rorix. Also, the flowery perfection of my mother's backyard sort of takes away from the grimness (or is that grimmness?) of the photo.

Anyway, here's another, taken at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia:



Excuse my awkward 'side claw' Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
doomride
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:48 am  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 13344
Location: Miami,Florida

That guy has a sweet moustache and knee pads...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBones
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:10 pm  Reply with quote
D.A.R. Mom


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 1590
Location: torn between suicide and breakfast

She's going in with the side claw ready to take his throat out I think.

_________________
And 'for granted's' a mighty big word for a country girl like you...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dying World Rising Spirit
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm  Reply with quote
KNVT


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 831

deadcase wrote:


What a bonehead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iscariah
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:39 pm  Reply with quote
D.A.R. Johnson


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3034

doomride wrote:
That guy has a sweet moustache and knee pads...
What guy? I only see a girl ... Embarassed

_________________
"Avalanchers Never Say Die!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scuto
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:53 pm  Reply with quote
"I always say there is something direful in the sound..."


Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 485
Location: Swirling in the louche

Elricj wrote:
his last moments are depicted here:

4th panel!

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=459138


Very Happy Awesome! Nice find.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
blipseed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3829
Location: USSA

squiddy wrote:

Anyway, here's another, taken at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia:



Excuse my awkward 'side claw' Embarassed


Is that a selection of horns on his bicycle?

The horns, the tache, the kneepads, thr floppy ear hat, the riding gloves.....

I think I have a new hero love it!

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pitt55
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:54 pm  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 3307

i hope he aint planning on riding around up on those rocks. french
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squiddy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:56 pm  Reply with quote
cephalopod


Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 598
Location: 200-700 meters below sea level

blipseed wrote:

Is that a selection of horns on his bicycle?

The horns, the tache, the kneepads, thr floppy ear hat, the riding gloves.....

I think I have a new hero love it!


He was riding around, honking his horns at people and advertising some sort of stand up comedy routine when I found him. Oh, and get this: his (stage) name is 'Manuel Labor'. My original plan was for both of us to be doing the claw and for me to be wearing his 'stache, but I got shy and chickened out at the last minute.

After much searching, I found his website. He looks way less cool without the outfit.

http://www.johnbeale.net/5.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
blipseed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 pm  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3829
Location: USSA

Aw, the excitement has kinda rubbed off now that I know he's a "comedian". I was hoping that was his every day attire. I was even hoping that was a real lip warmer. Sad

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gray
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:29 am  Reply with quote
Wassup


Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 2229
Location: Under the radar

Welcome, by the way, squiddy. Nice to see the gender balance shift minutely in the opposite direction. Very Happy

_________________
“When the polar cap melts, everybody’s gonna live in Drexciya...”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squiddy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:12 am  Reply with quote
cephalopod


Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 598
Location: 200-700 meters below sea level

Gray wrote:
Welcome, by the way, squiddy. Nice to see the gender balance shift minutely in the opposite direction. Very Happy


Thank you! I also may be, from what I've gleaned from my many months of lurking and from what Rorix has told me, the board's youngest member at the tender age of sixteen. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Elricj
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:29 am  Reply with quote
Burning Outside


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2421
Location: Oceania

Welcome aboard. Since you are of thy Grimness, I assume you'll be sticking around.

Sixteen. Suddenly I feel old =)

"just sixteen, pick-up truck, outta money, outta luck....All the boys are after me, but that's the way it's gonna be... I'm running free" :twisted:


(Gray, we need a Bruce Dickinson emote!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Inferno Master
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:33 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 4184

Well Squiddy, it's probably for the best that there are some other younger members here besides Mr. Gray. Others, like myself, and BrokenTiny, and Blipseed, and Mono... we are the blood of the dying era in these digital end times, all is withering and decaying, all is the autumn of a bygone decadence, nothing but sorrow and melancholy... you and Sir Rorix perhaps, shall one day therein inherit our once great kingdoms, of cyber, in woe, and in longing spirit...

_________________
SHIIIIIT-FUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadcase
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:37 am  Reply with quote
.


Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 4464

geigh sniggering
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mind synthesis
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:01 am  Reply with quote
Guest





Mr Deadcase

while i was reading your post "killing the world" of the CGR Vol 3 comp. came on foobar2000 random Smile

great track!

sorry for the off topic post but it's a true statement...
Back to top
rorix_bladething
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:28 am  Reply with quote
Guest





The Inferno Master wrote:
Well Squiddy, it's probably for the best that there are some other younger members here besides Mr. Gray. Others, like myself, and BrokenTiny, and Blipseed, and Mono... we are the blood of the dying era in these digital end times, all is withering and decaying, all is the autumn of a bygone decadence, nothing but sorrow and melancholy... you and Sir Rorix perhaps, shall one day therein inherit our once great kingdoms, of cyber, in woe, and in longing spirit...


Don't forget Panasonic, he's the same age as I, methinks. Future leaders of the frosty realms, exiled to the "Land of Shitty-Stretched-Images-Of-Dead-Trees-With-A-DAR-Red-Sky"... In this situation am I to assume that Tom Warrior would act as a stand-in for Aslan, or Gandalf?

Also, welcome Squiddy. Good to see you posting.
Back to top
The Inferno Master
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:43 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 4184

Well, Panasonic said he likes Jesu more than Godflesh, so I'm kind of wondering if he's okay or not anymore. I'm somewhere between worried for him and angry at him.

_________________
SHIIIIIT-FUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rorix_bladething
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:00 am  Reply with quote
Guest





The Inferno Master wrote:
Well, Panasonic said he likes Jesu more than Godflesh, so I'm kind of wondering if he's okay or not anymore. I'm somewhere between worried for him and angry at him.


Hey man, I like Jesu more than Godflesh as well. You guys are just too old, you don't get what the kids are about these days. Razz

rorix "likes the new Grey Machine though" bladething
Back to top
The Inferno Master
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:12 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 4184

Really? You too?? Can you really line up the GF Self-Titled, Streetcleaner, Pure, Slavestate, then take the first 4 Jesu releases and call them comparably important, heavy, or even listenable? All early Godflesh is absolutely essential. In my old ears, not a single Jesu release has been anything near essential...

_________________
SHIIIIIT-FUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rorix_bladething
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:46 am  Reply with quote
Guest





The Inferno Master wrote:
Really? You too?? Can you really line up the GF Self-Titled, Streetcleaner, Pure, Slavestate, then take the first 4 Jesu releases and call them comparably important, heavy, or even listenable? All early Godflesh is absolutely essential. In my old ears, not a single Jesu release has been anything near essential...


Well, I'm not sure what you mean by essential exactly. Historically important? In that sense, I agree completely. Justin was far more influential with early Godflesh. But to me there is a very big difference between influential and interesting. Certainly Streetcleaner was a very very important album, but does it hit me in the gut like Your Path To Divinity, or Wolves, or Weightless & Horizontal, or Plans That Fade? It's abrasive, sure, but there is not way that I can relate to it on the same emotional level as s/t, Silver, Conqueror, or Pale Sketches.

Understand, I still enjoy Godflesh. Us And Them was the album that made me look into Drum And Bass, and the Messiah EP is still one of the grooviest peaces of heavy music I have ever heard. But it's just not the same as Jesu.

Anyways, I'm not saying one is "better" than the other. As with everything in art, it's a matter of opinion and taste.
Back to top
blipseed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:19 am  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3829
Location: USSA

rorix_bladething wrote:
Certainly Streetcleaner was a very very important album, but does it hit me in the gut like Your Path To Divinity, or Wolves, or Weightless & Horizontal, or Plans That Fade? It's abrasive, sure, but there is not way that I can relate to it on the same emotional level as s/t, Silver, Conqueror, or Pale Sketches.


To each their own of course but this little paragraph so does not compute with me I can't think of it in any other way except jest or fooling around. Two very different bands of course but Jesu hasn't even so much as set foot at the base of the Godflesh mountain for me. Jesu is a long disinhabited and crumbling anthill to the Mount Everest of Godflesh. Plus many other mountain climbing metaphors.
But I think I can explain. Back just before the Jesu days began, there were not very many of us, a core few, regularly posting at whatever GF board we were at back then. And obviously as GF was no more, we weren't exactly getting daily new interlopers. So it makes sense that most of the relatively new people here are here because of Jesu and not because of Godflesh. Not that that's an excuse for not recognising the inferiority of Jesu, but still...


The Inferno Master wrote:
Well Squiddy, it's probably for the best that there are some other younger members here besides Mr. Gray. Others, like myself, and BrokenTiny, and Blipseed, and Mono... we are the blood of the dying era in these digital end times, all is withering and decaying, all is the autumn of a bygone decadence, nothing but sorrow and melancholy... you and Sir Rorix perhaps, shall one day therein inherit our once great kingdoms, of cyber, in woe, and in longing spirit...


Hey speak for yourself old man! I may be aging terribly but I'm still a kool kat by any standards! Cool

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rorix_bladething
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:38 am  Reply with quote
Guest





blipseed wrote:
rorix_bladething wrote:
Certainly Streetcleaner was a very very important album, but does it hit me in the gut like Your Path To Divinity, or Wolves, or Weightless & Horizontal, or Plans That Fade? It's abrasive, sure, but there is not way that I can relate to it on the same emotional level as s/t, Silver, Conqueror, or Pale Sketches.


To each their own of course but this little paragraph so does not compute with me I can't think of it in any other way except jest or fooling around. Two very different bands of course but Jesu hasn't even so much as set foot at the base of the Godflesh mountain for me. Jesu is a long disinhabited and crumbling anthill to the Mount Everest of Godflesh. Plus many other mountain climbing metaphors.
But I think I can explain. Back just before the Jesu days began, there were not very many of us, a core few, regularly posting at whatever GF board we were at back then. And obviously as GF was no more, we weren't exactly getting daily new interlopers. So it makes sense that most of the relatively new people here are here because of Jesu and not because of Godflesh. Not that that's an excuse for not recognising the inferiority of Jesu, but still...


Jesu is indeed how I discovered Broadrick and his work. Before that I had been dabbling in a fair bit of post-metal, most of which I had grown bored with (Pelican, Isis, Cult of Luna, and Neurosis to name a few). Hearing Conqueror for the first time, I nearly shit myself. I was like "Who the fuck is this guy? His songs just do the same thing for 10 minutes but... they just... don't get boring!?!? WHAAAAAT?!?!". It wasn't until a little bit later that I started to dip into the Godflesh stuff. I guess you van only ever hear Justin for the first time once, if you know what I mean.
Back to top
alfr0mh3ll
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:26 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2008
Posts: 294
Location: Russia

That's exactly my story!

_________________
Quote:
For you will never know where some ideas can lead,
You will never know until you've sown the seed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
golem
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:27 am  Reply with quote
Member


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 11897
Location: istanbul

welcome 2 da club @ squiddy

now we have a queen and a princess! yyaaaayy

_________________
https://m4nm.bandcamp.com/album/live-kargart-vom-portal-3
https://zeleia.bandcamp.com/album/theres-nothing
http://soundcloud.com/psycho-mantis-2
www.myspace.com/proudpilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gray
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 am  Reply with quote
Wassup


Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 2229
Location: Under the radar

Godflesh was so awesome that even thinking about Jesu post Heart Ache makes me want to cry.

At least we have Gray Machine.

_________________
“When the polar cap melts, everybody’s gonna live in Drexciya...”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doomride
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:25 am  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 13344
Location: Miami,Florida

1.Godflesh
2.TA
3.Jesu


No contest...


I'm even older than TIM...I think the only ones older than me are Nic and MJH....ugh...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blipseed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:42 am  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?


Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 3829
Location: USSA

rorix_bladething wrote:
blipseed wrote:
rorix_bladething wrote:
Certainly Streetcleaner was a very very important album, but does it hit me in the gut like Your Path To Divinity, or Wolves, or Weightless & Horizontal, or Plans That Fade? It's abrasive, sure, but there is not way that I can relate to it on the same emotional level as s/t, Silver, Conqueror, or Pale Sketches.


To each their own of course but this little paragraph so does not compute with me I can't think of it in any other way except jest or fooling around. Two very different bands of course but Jesu hasn't even so much as set foot at the base of the Godflesh mountain for me. Jesu is a long disinhabited and crumbling anthill to the Mount Everest of Godflesh. Plus many other mountain climbing metaphors.
But I think I can explain. Back just before the Jesu days began, there were not very many of us, a core few, regularly posting at whatever GF board we were at back then. And obviously as GF was no more, we weren't exactly getting daily new interlopers. So it makes sense that most of the relatively new people here are here because of Jesu and not because of Godflesh. Not that that's an excuse for not recognising the inferiority of Jesu, but still...


Jesu is indeed how I discovered Broadrick and his work. Before that I had been dabbling in a fair bit of post-metal, most of which I had grown bored with (Pelican, Isis, Cult of Luna, and Neurosis to name a few). Hearing Conqueror for the first time, I nearly shit myself. I was like "Who the fuck is this guy? His songs just do the same thing for 10 minutes but... they just... don't get boring!?!? WHAAAAAT?!?!". It wasn't until a little bit later that I started to dip into the Godflesh stuff. I guess you van only ever hear Justin for the first time once, if you know what I mean.


What you need to do is lock away your Jesu CDs and listen to nothing but pre-Selfless Godflesh and Techno Animal and Final and Greymachine for the next two years. By then you'll be wondering what you ever saw in Jesu.

_________________
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squiddy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:47 am  Reply with quote
cephalopod


Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 598
Location: 200-700 meters below sea level

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. You guys are a perfect balance of nice but not too nice. Threads on most forums tend to just degenerate into ridiculous flame wars. The only other forum I found where that doesn't happen is a forum for INFPs (a Myers-Briggs personality type), where they actually have a thread called 'Hug Pit' where everybody just says *hugs!* a lot. Apparently my fellow INFPs are, in fact, teddy bears. *shudder*

Oh, and don't worry about being 'old'. Lots of things get better with age. Like wine, and... well, pretty much just wine. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AVALANCHERS Forum Index  ~  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board

Post new topic  Reply to topic



Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and Ad Infinitum v1.06