AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Reviews Board  ~  Triarii - Muse in ArmsReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Ballbreaker
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

Being not the first time I listen to this album, and being the first album by Trairii I've heard, I decided to sit down and listen to it more closely than I actually do.

A few info notes about Triarii - this is a German neo-classical and neo-folk project, often claimed to be a nazi band by some people jerks.

Muse in Arms is their last album, released in 2008.

For those unfamiliar with the genre, the album starts strangely. For those familiar, the album starts strange too. To be honest the first song, the 8 minute excuse for an experiment between drone and martial industrial called 'Birth of a Sun', could have been missed - the second song 'Muse in Arms' could easily be the first in the album. It is at this moment when you start thinking does the album even deserve your attention.

However, the part 'Europa' - 'Sonnenwalzer' saves the day. Harsh, unforgiving, pure neo-folk. Unfortunately, after 'Sonnenwalzer'. with 'Ode to the Sun', begins another mediocre part. In the last 3 minutes of play, 'Wir kommen wieder' tries to save the ending, making the final impressions better.

If you do not know what the neo-folk is, and want to give it a try, don't give it with Muse in Arms. First, it is more martial than folk, and second, leaving a mediocre feeling after listening is not exactly the best way to start listening a new genre. However, for those familiar with the genre, Muse in Arms is a nice way to spend 50 minutes with something different from Death in June.

overall rating: 6/10