www.avalanchers.co.uk Forum Index

<  Avalanchers Reviews Board  ~  Napalm Death @ Reading Sub 89.Reply to topic  ~  {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Sidney James
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am  Reply with quote
Dead South African Comic

Firstly its great to finally have a decent small venue again in Reading. Sub 89 opened about a month ago and its got a smashing sound system and hasn't yet got that run down feeling that most small venues have.

After 3 amazingly dull support acts. One a bad Kill Em All era Metallica copyists the other a one dimensional Death metal act who used drum triggers in the most obvious way, I finally got to see Napalm Death for the first time.

Basically playing a greatest hits set we got material from all eras of the band including Scum material with You Suffer getting an airing, which is the only stuff I really recognised not being the ND fanboy that some people on this forum are.

Apart from looking like the old punks they are, they blow every other band off stage. Tight, dynamic and aggressively groove lead they were one of the best guitar based bands I've seen in ages. Looks like I'm going to have to buy more of their back catalogue now.

In a nice Avalanche coincidence, I spotted someone wearing a Godflesh T-shirt which looked extremely familiar as did its wearer who turn out to be none other than Tetra. We had a good chat and then he disappeared into the mosh pit for ND. Because I had to get the last train home I had to leg it and the end of the gig, so apologies if you came looking for us after ND had finished Tetra.

golem
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:11 pm  Reply with quote

sounds great man! am glad u liked them napalm boyz still Smile

i hope one day we meet in a similar gig...

blackmark
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:03 am  Reply with quote
'Australian Minister for Avalanches'

saw them in manchester on saturday, for the 4th time in about 14 months after a 14 year break from them. they delivered the goods as ever, and finished with Siege of Power. well happy Very Happy