www.avalanchers.co.uk Forum Index

<Avalanchers Discussion Board~(Godflesh) Deadhead Lyrics?Reply to topic~{L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
JMA689
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

Can't seem to find them anywhere online...
Maybe it's time again for some deep listening.

(once again let me make you laugh with what my french ears are hearing)

Down the ocean, deadhead
---
--- soul

--- ages
sail away
my system from ---
from ---

Down the ocean, deadhead
---
--- soul
without soul (with my soul?)

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
'In my life so far, I have discovered that there are really only two kinds of people: those who are for you, and those who are against you. Learn to recognize them, for they are often and easily mistaken for each other.'
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:09 am Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!

When I heard the demo from disc 2 yesterday I was hoping he was singing too but nope just guitar + machine..

Hearing that though was pretty awesome.. Had no clue he was even doing half of that on his guitar thanks to that crappy shit mix it got..

Tiny Tears EP is like the first EP.. Benny's just too loud in the mix..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blipseed
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 am Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?

Monotremata wrote:
Tiny Tears EP is like the first EP.. Benny's just too loud in the mix..

SACRILEGE! SACRILEGE I SAY!!

There is NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING, wrong with the first EP (or MLP as I like to call it). Everything is juuuuuuust right with that one.

OK? Twisted Evil

Bleed Dry Mankind
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quote
Sex. Violence. Whatever.

S-T badly needs a remaster. Since earache is reissuing all their stuff maybe we should get S-T and Fall Of Because in a 2 pack
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 am Reply with quote

Earache doesnt own Fall Of Because..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 am Reply with quote
Heretic

Monotremata wrote:
Earache doesnt own Fall Of Because..

Neither does invisible... lol

Speaking of where's Alleysweeper Josh? That was Josh Puncher that ran Alleysweeper right?

S/T doesn't need a remaster so much. It wasn't mastered for cd til '95. I don't mind the mastering on that album.
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am Reply with quote

Hes around.. See him more at FB though lately haha..

I guess he would still have the rights to it unless theres like some 10 year clause on it but doubt that..

Its sad going through Invisible's catalog now and seeing all the absolute CRAP thats still in print while great shit like Quoit, Lull, Matera, Not Breathing, the first two Dead Voices on Air cd's, Scorn's Whine/Zander, Spasm, Fall of Because, etc.. Has all gone long out of print..

But hey gotta keep those oh so important and crucial Shitface albums in stock dont ya? Fuckin a everybody knows the only good ones were Gub and Fook and the live discs for em were crap too. Oh and yeah lets keep Meg Lee Chin in print too! That was a real winner wasnt it??

JMA689
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:14 am Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

HOW ABOUT SOME LYRICS, GENTLEMEN????
(so i can sing in my shower)

Mad Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
'In my life so far, I have discovered that there are really only two kinds of people: those who are for you, and those who are against you. Learn to recognize them, for they are often and easily mistaken for each other.'
I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:27 am Reply with quote
Heretic

Sorry, don't know those lyrics. Wink taunt

Monotremata wrote:
Hes around.. See him more at FB though lately haha..

I guess he would still have the rights to it unless theres like some 10 year clause on it but doubt that..

Its sad going through Invisible's catalog now and seeing all the absolute CRAP thats still in print while great shit like Quoit, Lull, Matera, Not Breathing, the first two Dead Voices on Air cd's, Scorn's Whine/Zander, Spasm, Fall of Because, etc.. Has all gone long out of print..

Thing with those albums though is that Invisible doesn't own them afaik. They were licensed to Invisible by the various artists/labels that put that stuff out in Europe. But yeah for all the crap he sells/"signs" for the last 10 fucking years he could've kept these in print. Even though they don't sell tons they probably sell more than most of the crap that's come out on invisible. He just had no idea who to sell those discs to. The goth/ebm crowd? Not likely. What evs he's trying to pawn those fake ass ministry cage pieces on ebay now. Doesn't he ever give up?
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:38 am Reply with quote

MUHAHAHA!!

Just looked at my Quoit Lounge (I have the Sonics Everywhere thing somewhere too) and it does say copyright is held by Possible so that means we gotta get Mick some money to repress.. The Scorn stuff wasnt on Possible though, it was Invis, as was DVOA, Not Breathing and Spasm (which is Atkins own project with Mark DVOA Spybey!).. Whats funny, he's carrying the newest Dead Voices on Air cd which Lens Records put out, not him.

Not sure about Matera (only had a FLAC copy on a DVD that ended up becoming unreadable)..

And Lull I had no clue any of it was on Invisible at all.. He's listed in the artists section though (with no hyperlink elsewhere of course).. What album was this???

Id go check Discogs but dammit RAMBO'S BACK ON AMC YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:05 am Reply with quote
Heretic

I'm not sure what the specifics of Mick's deal with Invisible was but Whine and Zander came out on a diff label in Europe first and Anamnesis was a possible release. I know DVOA was on invisible but there were a ton of releases that were licensed to Martin that he didn't actually own. Especially at that time. I wish I could remember Josh's story about Alleysweeper getting involved with Invisible.
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:22 am Reply with quote

Apparently he still holds the rights to Anamnesis, thats the only thing you can buy from Invisible now and it comes with a lame ass looking t-shirt too OOOOOOH!

Elricj
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quote
Burning Outside

JMA - the last time i took a stab at it this is what i got - and frankly the remaster makes me think i'm at least MORE right on the first verse/third.

Dead Head
--------------------------------------------------
[0:21]
dying ocean, dead head
watchin' the figures
march without soul

[1:07]
observe the pages
safe place
without your sky
full of me
full of me

[2:37]
dying ocean, dead head
watchin' all the figures
walk without soul
without soul
without soul

Now i'll say the 2nd verse is more well sketchy - but i just got my hands on the remaster, and i only gave it a once listen before i posted this just to see if I noticed anything 'WAY' off.

And yes, I don't give a fuck if 'dying ocean' is also in Slateman. He never uses the same stuff right?
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:43 am Reply with quote

That actually sounds pretty good along with it Elricj..

Fuck man the delay on his voice fucks it all up for me I give you some mad props just for figuring out all the syllables..
I gave up on the lyrics years ago hehe... Over the years after I submitted all that shit to Slateman, I keep hearing different things every now and then..
Same with the guitar parts.. Over the years more closer listening (and different systems/studio monitors/etc) I keep thinking I learned a bunch of the guitar parts wrong hehe.. That and his phrasing is totally different then mine so just watching him makes me relearn stuff in a different spot and then Ill find some wierd noise notes I was flubbing before and go 'OH SHIT THATS HOW HE DID IT!'

JMA689
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 am Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

Awesome Elricj, sounds pretty accurate...
Except maybe a couple of lines in verse #2, but that will do it Smile

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
Elricj
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 am Reply with quote
Burning Outside

yeah i'm afraid i can't quite get that 2nd verse- there's a lot of 'play' in some of the lines- like I hear 'observe the pages' but it could be 'ages' or something along that - 'I serve the ages'? I dunno something along that line tho. 'safe place' 'same place'?

anyway...
I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quote
Heretic

Sorry for the derail JMA. I just figured Elricj would be around to answer your question. Smile He always the go to guy for lyrics.
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quote

Elricj wrote:
yeah i'm afraid i can't quite get that 2nd verse- there's a lot of 'play' in some of the lines- like I hear 'observe the pages' but it could be 'ages' or something along that - 'I serve the ages'? I dunno something along that line tho. 'safe place' 'same place'?

anyway...

Return the pages?? See that delay fucks everything up! I wonder if he even remembers that shit.. I cant remember most of the lyrics or even how to play most of Monotremata's "lp" anymore except that stupid fucking Flesh song..

Ok no more Godflesh, back to punk power electronic violence..

JMA689
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

I didn't check my bootlegs in a while, but did they play Deadhead live? Maybe that would be a good occasion to double check the lyrics...

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
Elricj
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Burning Outside

never seen it on a boot. I have a pretty big chunk of them from hanging around here.
Runabout120
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
---

Suction was playd on early gigs i'm sure, actually "one" time?
Dead Head never it seems....
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Not a single boot with it on here and Ive got quite a few as well..

Gotta remember if it was played its on one of the pre 91 shows we probably dont have yet. After 1990 they stopped playing the Streetcleaner and S/T material (except for the token Christbait and Like Rats encores) and I think the majority of the bootlegs we all traded around here were post 1990..

JMA689
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

They played Weak Flesh in 95 when i saw them opening for Ministry Very Happy

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
Monotremata
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote

<geekness>
You mean 1996 on the Songs Of Love And Hate tour...
</geekness>

Monotremata
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote

I gotta bump this back up.. Just ran across this on Youtube cause I wanted to hear it today.. Elricj maybe you can take a stab at it with this???

I dont hear anything remotely close to 'watching the figures' in the first verse, he sounds like hes saying 'Burn the season of my soul'? Cant really make out the first word but then again I have shit ears for this nowadays.

Link To The YouTube Page Containing The Above Video

EDIT: Another one you can kinda make out too

Link To The YouTube Page Containing The Above Video

Elricj
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Burning Outside

In typical JKB fashion he flip-flops the verses from teh studio version in those live cuts there.

That line could be 'seasons' or 'sea flow' or whatever. It's kind of annoying because the first version has very loud vocals but the high-end is pretty shredding to my ears.

Altho - 'without your sky full of me' is pretty clear right? :P
Monotremata
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:23 pm Reply with quote

I always heard it as 'fall on me' but then again hes REALLY hard to understand sometimes.
Most of the lyrics for Monotremata were way different than what I had heard over the years. Damn English accents and bad production!

avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
Darth Tedious

I used that same Roadburn footage to figure out parts of Dream Long Dead for the tribute. I can say for sure that Justin changed some lyrics for that song between the original recording and Roadburn. So I wouldn't be surprised if he changed the lyrics for Dead Head as well.

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
Monotremata
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote

If I remember all the old bootlegs I used to have, they never even played Dead Head once until they got back together. Maybe he just forgot and now hes gotta deal with trying to figure out the muddy album version like we do hah.

JMA689
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:51 pm Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

man, this 1st live version you posted is so painfuuuuul to watch/listen. the vocals are atrocious and high in the mix. Maybe he should use pre-recorded vocals too Wink

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
Monotremata
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote

MUHAHAHA!! (man I havent gotten to use that in a long time!)
We could pitch in and get him a rackmount Autotune if they even still make em.